Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2003 XC70 D5 Geartronic for sale £4500

Views : 3212

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2010, 11:57   #1
Andy511

Default 2003 XC70 D5 Geartronic for sale £4500

Due to the arrival of a newer vehicle our XC70 must find a new home. The car is actually my step father’s, although I did own the car for 1 year. It was his for 6 years, then mine and back to him about six weeks ago.

It’s a 2003 53 plate in met burgundy with black leather. It’s a diesel (D5 163) with the geartronic box. Mot is to 22 September 2011, tax is to the end of this month. Due to a daily commute from Bradford to Mansfield the mileage is 209000 there is loads of history and all the old Mot’s are available. I’m pretty sure the spec is SE Lux, factory sat nav (2010 DVD) with TV, heated front seats, 4 cd changer in the dash, dog guard which can be raised or lowered (never had a dog in the car though), roof rails etc.

The general condition is good there are a few dints and scratches, I will try to add some photo’s today to document this. The worst point is a split in the rear bumper, I was quoted £180 to have it repaired but never got round to it, it’s been like that for over 100,000 miles so we got used to it. My step father informs me there is a new scratch on the front passenger door which might need attention, I haven’t seen it yet but the guy who did the mot reckons it will polish out. (photo’s to follow).

The car was brilliant in the snow last winter, we live on quite a steep road that never got gritted and the car breezed up and down hill.

The car was over £30k and has been well looked after, we are looking for £4500.

I will be pleased to answer any questions through this forum and arrange a viewing/test drive as required.

Andy
Andy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 19:14   #2
Andy511

Default XC70 Photos

Hopefully the link below should take you to some photos of the car.

Forgot to mention before that the car is near Bingley to the north of Bradford West Yorks.

Cheers

Andy

http://picasaweb.google.com/andybrown511/XC7002#
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 15:37   #3
Dave78

Hi have you got any more pics of the inside of the car..
Dave78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:32   #4
Andy511

I will get some extra photos on saturaday.

The scratch on the passenger door which I mentioned in the original post has been buffed out and is now barely noticable. Photos to follow.

Cheers Andy.
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 17:23   #5
Andy511

Additional photographs added.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 21:33   #6
Andy511

Car reduced to £4000 ono.

Any questions please write.

Cheers

Andy
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 08:32   #7
Dave78

Thanks for the extra photos..

A few questions

1) In pic 5, it shows a scuff mark just above the bumper behind the wheel arch. How bad is this? Has is gone through the paint work etc.. Can't make it out form the photo

2) Have you had any major issues with the car, any thing replaced expect the run of the mill things. e.g suspension/Immobiliser

3) General Service History. The ad says loads of history, could you confirm that this shows the car has been serviced at the required internals, so in affect gives it a full service history.. When was it last serviced?

4) Where there any advisories on the last MOT?

5) What is the tread like on the tyres (inc spare)

6) What mpg are you getting

Cheers

Dave
Dave78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 16:24   #8
R-P
Master Member

Hi,

I'd love to see answers on the above questions (esp. 5 and 6) as my D5 GT AWD does 30mpg and yours shows 45 average.

And: is it the Haldex AWD already?

R-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 11:31   #9
Andy511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
Thanks for the extra photos..

A few questions

1) In pic 5, it shows a scuff mark just above the bumper behind the wheel arch. How bad is this? Has is gone through the paint work etc.. Can't make it out form the photo

2) Have you had any major issues with the car, any thing replaced expect the run of the mill things. e.g suspension/Immobiliser

3) General Service History. The ad says loads of history, could you confirm that this shows the car has been serviced at the required internals, so in affect gives it a full service history.. When was it last serviced?

4) Where there any advisories on the last MOT?

5) What is the tread like on the tyres (inc spare)

6) What mpg are you getting

Cheers

Dave
The history pack is in the car and a family member has borrowed the car for a few weeks, I will try to answer the other question.

1. The scratch is through the paint but not rusting. will add better photo is due course.
2. No major issues. Alarm service message appears sometimes when starting. Front springs replaced after one broke. Cambelt change about 6 months ago.
3. History info will follow.
4. No advisories at MOT.
5. Tyres are all pirelli scorpions (M&S) will have to check depth when car is returned. Spare is a space saver, I dont think its ever been used.
6. When was using the car my commute was only 5 miles in stop start traffic mpg was 25-30 (worst in the winter). My stepfather has a 90 mile commute and the computer shows 45mpg.

More information will follow when the car is returned.

It is also taxed for 6 months now.

Cheers Andy
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 11:36   #10
Andy511

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-P View Post
Hi,

I'd love to see answers on the above questions (esp. 5 and 6) as my D5 GT AWD does 30mpg and yours shows 45 average.

And: is it the Haldex AWD already?
90 mile commute returns 45mpg average.
5 mile commute returns 25-30mpg average.

Haldex question a bit technical for me, the car was great in the snow so the rear wheels certainly engage when needed.

If you need more info please let me know.

Cheers Andy