Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ABS controller fuse - where?

Views : 2359

Replies : 50

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 5th, 2024, 13:42   #21
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
I suspect it has a poor battery but generally it starts ok yes. I've had a quick look on d24 and I think I'll be in need of it soon to sort some other issues.

Had a look in the centre console just now, it does have the OBD 1 port so it looks like I need to make a reader.
Alf ( aka Loki the GLT ) on here makes them and may even have one ready made if you're lucky ! He's a top man
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 14:30   #22
DeanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Alf ( aka Loki the GLT ) on here makes them and may even have one ready made if you're lucky ! He's a top man
Yeah spotted that on another thread. I've sent him a message to see if he still makes them. Sounds like it would cost me similar to make one myself.
DeanH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeanH For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 19:38   #23
J liddy

Never heard of a d24 with a OBD reader .so interesting stuff if it has .can you post a photo of it .?
J liddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2024, 21:43   #24
DeanH

Here you are

Https://ibb.co/7W3kZRF
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 07:30   #25
J liddy

So that replaced my 2 black boxes on the right hand pillar next to the ABS unit under the bonnet Dean .that's interesting . Have you thought about just buying another ABS sensor plug it in to each side and check ABS light .as I'm thinking 1 of the front wheel sensors has failed after 27 years of salt and grime .
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 14:41   #26
DeanH

The magic box of tricks says the code is:

1-5-1 - Left front wheel sensor: open circuit or short-circuit to battery voltage.

New sensor time.

EDIT: Presumably front left is UK passenger side?

Last edited by DeanH; Mar 8th, 2024 at 15:09.
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 08:20   #27
J liddy

Just as I guessed Dean there's been a few on this forum if you need advice on doing the job please get in touch .I'm a carpenter and I did mine ok pick a nice dry day if doing job on the drive like I did o and plenty of tea .regards jim
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 15:05   #28
DeanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by J liddy View Post
Just as I guessed Dean there's been a few on this forum if you need advice on doing the job please get in touch .I'm a carpenter and I did mine ok pick a nice dry day if doing job on the drive like I did o and plenty of tea .regards jim
Yes unfortunately everything's going to be done outside. At least the weather seems to be improving, I think I'll tackle it the week after next. Got the centre prop bearing to do at the same time.
Old Mar 9th, 2024, 19:54   #29
J liddy

Hi Dean .have you removed the wheel bearing on one of these cars ..if not take car sliding it of the hub use both hands to keep it clamped together as I had a issue it managed to come apart if it does it only goes back together one way hopefully that won't happen ! What brand of ABS sensor are you thinking of buying?
Regards jim
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 16:21   #30
DeanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by J liddy View Post
Hi Dean .have you removed the wheel bearing on one of these cars ..if not take car sliding it of the hub use both hands to keep it clamped together as I had a issue it managed to come apart if it does it only goes back together one way hopefully that won't happen ! What brand of ABS sensor are you thinking of buying?
Regards jim
No, I've watched a couple of videos of others doing it and I'll have some tipex on hand to try avoid unbalancing the driveshaft.

Not sure on brand. I priced up genuine parts at Brookhouse and it came to £120ish. Meyle bearings and a Lexmark sensor from.ebay came to about half that. So probably the cheaper option as this isn't all it needs for an MOT unfortunately.