Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying advice/Owners reviews V90CC

Views : 1741

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2021, 20:19   #1
KyleHa

Default Buying advice/Owners reviews V90CC

Hiya Volvo forums!

I am looking at purchasing a Volvo V90CC T6/T5 and just wanted an up to date review on owners problems and if I should be looking out for anything when I go to look at them.

I have had a brief look at the forums and found people with issues relating to:
Leaky sunroofs
Steering wheel control Modules
Unusual wear and tear on the leather seats
Rattling interior trims

Is there anything else I should be looking out for? and what do you think of your Cross Country?

I would also like to know an estimate of yearly servicing costs I will be having to pay as I cant seem to find this info online.

Please give me your thoughts as they will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Kyle

Last edited by KyleHa; Feb 12th, 2021 at 20:47.
KyleHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 10:36   #2
techwatcher
Master Member

Volvo servicing costs can be found here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/workshop-booking/

First service will cost (approx) £300, second service £510, third service £300. Costs are based on a MY20 T5 being serviced at your local dealer.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 12:08   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Volvo servicing costs can be found here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/workshop-booking/

First service will cost (approx) £300, second service £510, third service £300. Costs are based on a MY20 T5 being serviced at your local dealer.

Hope this helps.
Nearly double the cost for just an air filter and fuel filter change as extra is a bit steep ... they can be done in 1/2 hour or less as the car is already on the lift ...... compare dealers for prices and don't let them charge you for more than 5 litres of oil or let them do " engine cleaner " or "AC service" or charge for "sundries " that is a non volvo approved money making scam .

A more fair price is £280 £390 respectively ...
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 15:25   #4
KyleHa

Brilliant, the servicing costs aren't too far from what I am paying now and I would usually do the easier bits myself to save a few pennies (depending on warranty).

I am looking at a 18/19 plate so I would be shopping around for servicing costs as it would be out of warranty.

I haven't seen a lot of people talk about long term reliability on the engines I guess because they are relatively new.

Is there any more maintenance I would need to do with the T6 engine compared to the T5 as its supercharged?

Cheers guys
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 17:21   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleHa View Post
Brilliant, the servicing costs aren't too far from what I am paying now and I would usually do the easier bits myself to save a few pennies (depending on warranty).

I am looking at a 18/19 plate so I would be shopping around for servicing costs as it would be out of warranty.

I haven't seen a lot of people talk about long term reliability on the engines I guess because they are relatively new.

Is there any more maintenance I would need to do with the T6 engine compared to the T5 as its supercharged?

Cheers guys
Never known of any problems on the petrol supercharged engines..

the block comes from the old S/V40 from 1997 to 2004 ... the supercharger needs no maintenence apart from the drive belt
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 17:53   #6
KyleHa

Thank you very much for all your help, I really like the cross countrys so hopefully I will be looking at one once this lockdown is over.
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 21:44   #7
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Nearly double the cost for just an air filter and fuel filter change as extra is a bit steep ... they can be done in 1/2 hour or less as the car is already on the lift ...... compare dealers for prices and don't let them charge you for more than 5 litres of oil or let them do " engine cleaner " or "AC service" or charge for "sundries " that is a non volvo approved money making scam .

A more fair price is £280 £390 respectively ...
Surely it is spark plugs on 2nd service too?

Those quoted prices look exactly like Volvo standard prices from a Volvo dealer to me.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 23:28   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Surely it is spark plugs on 2nd service too?

Those quoted prices look exactly like Volvo standard prices from a Volvo dealer to me.
of course but no diesel filter ... so would still be similar to the diesel .. not sure how much the plugs cost
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 10:29   #9
crashbarrier

Hi KyleHa,

We've got a V90CC and we're local to you. It wasn't sourced from Doves but we got very close to a deal with them and we do use them for service and parts.

Overall very pleased with the car but you do start to spot the areas that could be better:-
Top of the list but probably due to the wheel size(21") is the turning circle which is bigger than a supertanker, I kid you not. It's embarrassing at times.
I've found that there isn't much in the way of storage space inside the car. The door bins are ridiculously shallow and can hold virtually nothing and apart from them, there isn't much else.
In the boot, which is not as big as you would think, there is nowhere to stow stuff but I have just added a Volvo net 'pocket' which sits over the recess to the left as you look in. We have a spare under the deck so no space down there.
The car has the D4 which I know you are not looking at but I will say that it benefits from the Polestar tweak.
Voice control on an early 19 model year is pretty awful. If it says "Searching for POI in the United Kingdom" when I've given it a totally different command once more I will murder it.

Other than those gripes I can't think of much else that comes to mind. It's a lovely looking car and when you see a regular V90 you realise how low they sit on the road.
Services:-
1st service 18k(actual mileage 7k) was £326.65
2nd service 36k(actual 15k) was £458.16

Anything else you wish to know then please just ask.
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 14:05   #10
eternal optimist
Master Member

I like the look of the V90's; I'd be buying an earlier, higher mileage car given what I'm prepared to spend, so not really keen to be on the leading edge of discovering faults and arguing what's covered with an aftermarket warranty company!

As much as I keep looking at Autotrader, I suspect I'll keep the P2 XC70 going for a bit longer.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote