Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Latest Map Update

Views : 6283

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2021, 15:38   #1
gezp

Default Latest Map Update

New map update out.
Dated 11.02.2021
Version 1333
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 15:16   #2
Basill

Hi,
Thanks, Sensus has just told me about this and directed me to support to download the update,

Its 52GB for Europe!

Edited... Have now located the NW Europe map, A much more manageable 2GB. My apologies..

Cheers

B

Last edited by Basill; Feb 19th, 2021 at 15:40.
Basill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:57   #3
xsaab
Master Member

Northwest Europe is now the second set of files to exceed the 2GB size limit (that I am aware of) At the 2GB size it appears that you cannot download the updated map files over the 4G network via ones phone connection.

The other large country is France, so for Brits maps of most likely needed maps cannot be downloaded while one is driving.

So we need to write to Volvo asking for either
the limit of the file size that be downloaded on the move be increased
or
the large country files be split on a regional basis so that the needed component can be downloaded while driving without use loosing the use of the satnav.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 13:10   #4
Mez

The quickest and easiest way I have found is to down load the full Europe down load around 52gb onto a 64gb memory stick, and it updates all in around 40 minutes, down loading and installing individual countries of between around 2 or 5gb takes about the same time
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 22:00   #5
Lennyboybruce

I did exactly as Mez said this weekend. The download took a while but left it running overnight, transferred in the car via USB in approx 30 mins. All good.
Lennyboybruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 18:27   #6
coppice

If you install a map from USB, does it have to complete the installation in one journey? I've had a USB stick with the latest map in my car for the last week, and it keeps saying its installing. However, all I've done is short journeys, and it doesn't have time to complete before I stop the car.
coppice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 18:43   #7
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
If you install a map from USB, does it have to complete the installation in one journey? I've had a USB stick with the latest map in my car for the last week, and it keeps saying its installing. However, all I've done is short journeys, and it doesn't have time to complete before I stop the car.
No, it doesn't have to complete the installation in one journey. Just leave the USB plugged in and it will eventually complete.

It takes about an hour or so to install the maps and I suspect there's some time needed to restart the installation after a short journey so total time in these circumstances may be longer than that but it will eventually complete.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 20:59   #8
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Daft question here, but can you use navigation while the maps are updating?
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 21:03   #9
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post

Not always the installation start automatically and the best thing to do is every time you start the car, remove the USB and put it back straight away. It will start installing the map from where it has stopped on the previous journey. This has been tested and works 100%
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 21:22   #10
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Not always the installation start automatically and the best thing to do is every time you start the car, remove the USB and put it back straight away. It will start installing the map from where it has stopped on the previous journey. This has been tested and works 100%
I just leave the USB stick in until I get the message that the map has been updated. No need to take it out between journeys.