Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2015 D4 AWD EXtended Warranty option

Views : 5274

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 4th, 2019, 12:51   #31
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W XC60 View Post
Thanks, Mike. Good news is extended warranty not needed as Volvo will pay 100% of repair costs.

Bad news is Here!!
Ouch - that is bad. Could you hire a car (or borrow a relatives!) to salvage the holiday - shame to lose that!
Or......ignore the dealers warning and drive gently there & back (shhhh)
Old Sep 4th, 2019, 22:46   #32
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
Ouch - that is bad. Could you hire a car (or borrow a relatives!) to salvage the holiday - shame to lose that!
Or......ignore the dealers warning and drive gently there & back (shhhh)
Ouch, is just how I felt on Tuesday, completely gobsmacked as I'd assumed from the earlier code read by Volvo Assist it was the O2 sensor, which that probably was - so wasn't expecting this kick in the nuts!.
We've had 2 XC60's and previously a couple of CVRs really for holidays, when the dogs cages, beds and our luggage are in the back seats and boot are all pretty full. No-one we could borrow from has that size of vehicle and when I look at hiring, picking up the day before, dropping off the day after, an XC60 size vehicle is pushing £500. Might decide to do that but I'd rather push the dealer or Volvo CS to offer some help, which to date hasn't been the case.

As the dealers strongly advised against driving it's still with them so not really feasible and I must be getting a bit more risk averse in my old age as I don't think I'd be too relaxed on holiday doing it anyway. ATM Volvo must be picking up a tab for the work described retailing at several thousands. If something went bang you'd lose that support and worst case might be in for a recon engine which, I'm guessing, would be the thick end of £10K.
Old Sep 4th, 2019, 23:33   #33
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W XC60 View Post
Ouch, is just how I felt on Tuesday, completely gobsmacked as I'd assumed from the earlier code read by Volvo Assist it was the O2 sensor, which that probably was - so wasn't expecting this kick in the nuts!.
We've had 2 XC60's and previously a couple of CVRs really for holidays, when the dogs cages, beds and our luggage are in the back seats and boot are all pretty full. No-one we could borrow from has that size of vehicle and when I look at hiring, picking up the day before, dropping off the day after, an XC60 size vehicle is pushing £500. Might decide to do that but I'd rather push the dealer or Volvo CS to offer some help, which to date hasn't been the case.
Worth looking at sixty £36 a day for an A4 avant https://www.sixt.co.uk/php/reservati...ekly%20Special

F-pace for £49 maybe https://www.sixt.co.uk/php/reservati...20Do%20This%3F
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HDAV For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 5th, 2019, 22:43   #34
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Worth looking at sixty £36 a day for an A4 avant

F-pace for £49 maybe
When I did an actual quote from my nearest branch, which ain't that near, they're a lot, lot dearer that those advertised rates plus the damage excess is £1500 if you have a bump!
But better news, I'm hoping to get the car back Monday or Tuesday latest, so part of the holiday gone but we will get away for some of it.
Old Oct 4th, 2019, 01:42   #35
jimdot

Default selekt warranty issue

When purchased one year ago My XC60 had just over 8 months manufacturers warranty remaining. When told the Selekt warranty would be applied when the Volvo one finished I had expected to see a further 12 months added.
In fact the dealer only added 4 months warranty to give an overall total of 12 months.
I found this disconcerting as the description of the Selekt warranty application on Volvo's web page seems to suggest a 12 entitlement regardless of how much manufacturer's warranty still existed.
Can anyone advise if is this cutting of the warranty period a practice common to many dealers?
jimdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 10:22   #36
Stevepvolvo

I bought my xc60 a couple of years ago and it had 4 months left on the original warranty. The selekt warranty then upped it by 8 months to give me a 1 year warranty from the time of purchase. I can’t say I expected anything different but as I have bought a number of used volvos where the original warranty had expired and I received a 1 year warranty through selekt, when I bought this latest used Volvo through selekt, I was just expecting 1 year regardless of how it was made up.
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2019, 19:20   #37
The Thong
VOC Member

I’ll be renewing mine again soon. I was under the impression that four years was limit for an extended warranty until I was informed by the dealer that they’ll warrant it up to 100k miles. Happy days, I’ll keep extending it until I upgrade to another motor. It’ll be interesting to see what the T’s and C’s are. I’m extending because of the Autobox and Haldex in my Cross Country should they go wrong.

TT
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 09:21   #38
id5
Premier Member

If we keep the XC60 then we will be buying the Volvo Extended Warrenty. It is more expensive than the MotorEasy warrenty but as it has just been serviced under the 5 year service plan then it makes it easier to ask Volvo for a contribution for any failed part that is not covered.

I have the XC60 MOT'ed this week and it sailed through, not even an advisory.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to id5 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 14:17   #39
Chrisaaaaa

Question

Another XC60 comming up for 3rd birthday.

I see here mention of buying a volvo warranty from volvo but it seems like they just punt you to Car Care Plan.

I got a letter that had volvo written all over it, but it was like a printed spam email, the links and email do not go to volvo, end up back at CCP.

Can you buy a real warranty from volvo?

Had bad experience with insurance warranties, when my Passat started bunny hopping because of the bad gearboxes VW made, not covered, thanks Quentin.
Chrisaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 15:02   #40
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Have a look at this thread, which is the the sub forum for your model of XC60
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=307684