Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Will this fit to my Volvo?

Views : 727

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:52   #1
jaygee
Avid Member

Default Will this fit to my Volvo?

I have a Volvo V50 2.0d (2005) - pre facelift.

I know this is the v50 front bumper for a 2007 - 2010 model but are the fixings the same? Will it just bolt on?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-v50-...e#ht_511wt_922

Thanks to all who reply.
jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 13:51   #2
Simon04

far as Im aware nothing has changed and should fit, they've only changed the design slightly and not the mounting points
Simon04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 14:25   #3
Lee '71

Before considering this job you need to read this thread from another member who's done it. It's not impossible (quite a few members have done it) but it's also not as straight forward as you think.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...t=v50+facelift

SonyVaio can also help as he's done it to his V50 (just do a search for him or he may also reply as he's a very helpful chap!).
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 23:30   #4
BenB
V50 Driver

The 07-11 Bumper will technically fit, but your headlights won't, or your grill, lower grill or fogs. If you can piece together all the bits you need it is just a bolt-on job. There's a plastic piece behind the grill that needs cutting away a bit, but no other modifications to the bodywork, arches, or undertrays.

It's a slippery slope, once you get the bumper, you'll end up on ebay buying the other parts, rear bumper, rear lights etc etc. It's the best thing I did though, I love how my v50 looks now, after a polish it still looks pretty new, and mine's a 2004 with 120,000 miles!

What I did was sell my old parts, bumpers, headlights, grilles etc on ebay to help offset the cost, and the whole conversion probably cost less than £500 (Most of that was because I couldn't resist going for R-Design kit too!!)
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:42   #5
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee '71 View Post
Before considering this job you need to read this thread from another member who's done it. It's not impossible (quite a few members have done it) but it's also not as straight forward as you think.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...t=v50+facelift

SonyVaio can also help as he's done it to his V50 (just do a search for him or he may also reply as he's a very helpful chap!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenB View Post
The 07-11 Bumper will technically fit, but your headlights won't, or your grill, lower grill or fogs. If you can piece together all the bits you need it is just a bolt-on job. There's a plastic piece behind the grill that needs cutting away a bit, but no other modifications to the bodywork, arches, or undertrays.

It's a slippery slope, once you get the bumper, you'll end up on ebay buying the other parts, rear bumper, rear lights etc etc. It's the best thing I did though, I love how my v50 looks now, after a polish it still looks pretty new, and mine's a 2004 with 120,000 miles!

What I did was sell my old parts, bumpers, headlights, grilles etc on ebay to help offset the cost, and the whole conversion probably cost less than £500 (Most of that was because I couldn't resist going for R-Design kit too!!)
Can't really say much more than Lee and Ben, they have pretty much covered all the points you need to look at. Also have a look at this LINKY! - well worth a read from start to finish if your wanting to undertake the job. It is not a hard job, the worst part is getting all the bits you need together. Obviously not a problem if you've got money to burn but if doing it on a budget then getting the parts at the right price can be challenging.

Good luck. Of course if you need any help and guidance then we're only a few clicks away.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote