Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2015 D4 AWD EXtended Warranty option

Views : 5273

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 12th, 2018, 19:45   #11
Friendly

Motoreasy was one of the companies that kept on reducing the price. So get a quote and see what it comes down to. I read a lot of reviews and they were mainly positive.
Friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 17:55   #12
Fimac

I had a renewal from Volvo for £595. Seems expensive considering I just had the egr and cooler replaced in warranty last week and that seems the weakest point of the D4 VEA.

I think I will take my chances for a year.......
Fimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 18:03   #13
Fimac

Had a look at motoreasy. They seem to have graded options from 250-under 500£.

Last edited by Fimac; Oct 14th, 2018 at 18:27.
Fimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 19:11   #14
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepvolvo View Post
Just curious but who did you get the letter from? I have had an email from the dealer I bought it from but only saying to contact them for a "personal quote"! I have contacted Volvo UK and they originally pointed me at allianz warranty. I checked that and it was quoting £850 for their comprehensive no excess warrant. However, later that day another volvo uk person sent me a link to the volvo warranty extension web site that would allow me to on the spot buy a warranty for £450. So can I expect a letter from (???) before my manufacturers warranty expires end of December with an actual quote?
Sorry about my slow reply. Mine has come from the Volvo warranty dept, I received it through the post

TT
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 20:25   #15
tails

Default cover

motoreasy,
nearly £600 for my 2014 d4 r/design 2.4
tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 23:44   #16
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmith44 View Post
Looking online for warranties and found this https://www.click4warranty.co.uk/quo.../verifyvehicle £441.90 for 2 years.Car is 2011 s60 1.6 T3.Is this a good deal ?
It's a very good price, whether it's a good deal ....

The Financial Ombudsman (FOS) has a database of complaints going back over 5yrs which is searchable by company and product type so bored with carp weather at the weekend I had a look for Pinnacle (Warranty Direct) and Motor Insurance (Volvo). Both had a handful of complaints with only a couple upheld. I then checked Red Sands Insurance who underwrite click4 and they'd well over 50 complaints with 37 upheld!!

The FOS are binding on insurers and unlike the courts don't stick to the strictly contractual terms imposed but are more inclined to the consumer and judge cases on a "fair and reasonable" basis given all the circumstances. Looking through some of their cases (sad, I know) they look like a firm that will use pretty much any excuse to reject a claim, the cynic in me thinks they do it knowing most won't go to the FOS and they take the hit on those that do.

Personally, wouldn't touch them with your bargepole!!
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 00:06   #17
Ian W XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
Car care plan does cover certain wear and tear items i.e. Seat covers it also covers brake judder but not pads in my opinion I thinks it's just as good as Volvo original warranty in my opinion first year was 299 then 399 it may have went up but I'll be looking at that one next December

Regards
It's not me that says they don't, they say it. Here's a list of what's not covered (can't post a link, it's on my renewal page which is password protected but I'm sure it'll be on the Volvo site somewhere).
Quote:
This warranty does not cover: Spark plugs, auxiliary drive belts, hoses and pipes (power-assisted steering pressure pipes are covered), exhaust system and diesel particulate filter (catalytic converters are covered), clutch frictional material, brake shoes, pads and discs, lamps (LED lamps are covered providing at least 50% of the lighting has failed), bulbs (Bi-Xenon bulbs are covered), fuses, batteries, paintwork, body panels, body seals and weather strips, handles and hinges, cosmetic finishes, carpets and trim, upholstery, glass, wiper blades, wheels and tyres, the rectification of any oil leaks (unless the removal of a major unit is required) and the adjustment of any component, servicing, maintenance and normal wear and tear.
It also defines mechanical breakdown as:
Quote:
means the failure of a component, causing a sudden stoppage of its function, for a reason other than wear and tear, normal deterioration or negligence.
Now that's a lot less exempted parts than say Warranty Direct but the ones like the Aux belt and DPF (my bold) do mean it's not really Volvo's new car warranty in disguise.

Other schemes do cover the DPF if emissions cover is added, none cover the aux belt but if it goes would cover collateral damage to parts they do cover. Reading the Volvo one they only cover consequential damage where a covered part fails.

Personally I'm still pondering
Old Oct 24th, 2018, 17:30   #18
tails

Default cover

been offered cover for £250 now same firm ?
tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 11:47   #19
hrp123

Default Extended warranty

For my 65 plate XC90...

I have been offered £700 for 2 years by Motoreasy for their Plan A - but I have not yet found anyone who has actually gone through a claim process with them... without any recommendations would feel cautious to go with them.

Volvo Selekt, which I believe is administered by Car Care Plan, quoted £595 for a one year extension.
hrp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 12:05   #20
St James

I've just renewed with Volvo - one year for £445, paid in 10 interest-free monthly installments of £44.50

Piece of mind for me.

J
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St James For This Useful Post: