Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Took my V70 to the weigh bridge

Views : 4192

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 18:42   #11
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

hi paul.
i have one of these.
http://www.campervanstuff.com/shop_s...ct&id_prd=1002.
just checked the car and the car has a few bits and bobs in it.this was the weight.
1815 kg, so your figures are correct sorry if i have caused any confussion for you . i no i have confussed myself. and thanks for posting the info up
mike
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 19:13   #12
italian job

Hi Mike,that is a really neat piece of kit,i didn't know you could get something like that.

I know what my car weighs now,next step is to get the caravan weighed,

Paul.
italian job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 19:20   #13
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by italian job View Post
Hi Mike,that is a really neat piece of kit,i didn't know you could get something like that.

I know what my car weighs now,next step is to get the caravan weighed,

Paul.
hi Paul.
they come up on the bay now and again, there is three settings car, single axle and twin and also you can do the noseweight. i only use it for the main holiday when we take the grandchildren with us, you would be suprised at the weight sometimes 250 kg payload is not a lot.i have on mine just upgraed to the maximum load upgrade to 1700 kg
mike
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 19:29   #14
gillberry
VOC Member

Have to say we cheat , the other half has a weighbridge at work and we have driven over that fully loaded with each combo to find out the weights . Safe to say we are well within the limits even with our old amazon estate towing our classic cheltenham nyala . Our caravan is just under 1000kg fully loaded with the big heavy awning which we tend not too take our amazon fully loaded is just over 1300kg (no towing weights found for her ) and as for our xc90 well she doesn't notice the caravan on the back .

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
gillberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gillberry For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 19:38   #15
italian job

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
hi Paul.
they come up on the bay now and again, there is three settings car, single axle and twin and also you can do the noseweight. i only use it for the main holiday when we take the grandchildren with us, you would be suprised at the weight sometimes 250 kg payload is not a lot.i have on mine just upgraed to the maximum load upgrade to 1700 kg
mike
Mike,i'll definately keep my eyes peeled,i need to get mine on a weighbridge to see how much the motormover steals from my available payload.
italian job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 17:47   #16
rnlisg

Default weight

i was under the impression that the kerbweight of the the car includes-
driver up to 75 kg
3/4 tank of fuel
spare wheel
toolkit
appro 7kg toolkit
jack
rnlisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 18:14   #17
rnlisg

Default weights and upgrades

hi mike
ref upgrading the weight(i guess you are refering to your pageant?)i have a senator indiana 2007,total weight all in is given as 1500kg.i have around 240kg of weight to play with.just checking a few things recently and was gobsmacked at how fast you can eat into it,when you add m/mover,battery,bottles,steps s/wheel,jack,levelling ramps,toolbox,wastemaster and water barrell,there aint much left!i spoke to bailey tech,they actually disputed what my handbook weight was!but they said all the above has to be taken into consideration,i asked them about replating the van to 1600kg?,they said the axle would have to be removed and returned to alko for heavier bushes to be fitted,and you can guess what that would cost,how did you do yours.i have recently bought an xc70 se man 2007my,not yet towed with it(end of feb hopefully)but am expecting good things from it.
cheers sandy
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 19:52   #18
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Hi sandy.
depends on the model i contacted Bailey and asked what the maximum upgrade was without changing parts. i went from 1589 kg MTPLM to 1700 kg MTPLM.for a fee of £50 all this entailed was two upgraded front a rear stickers,uprated plate. and tech certificate thats all a paper transaction. with the model you have this may not be achievable. so my new weights are.
MIRO 1378.
MTPLM 1700
given me a total payload of 328 kg
mike

Last edited by outnumbered; Jan 20th, 2012 at 20:01.
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 21:26   #19
rnlisg

hi mike
weights given for my model are miro-1248kg,mtplm-1500kg.so payload is 252kgs.its also fitted with the alko atc trailer control system.i have also had tyrons fitted for extra peace of mind.
i shall call them again just to see if the info i was given was correct,i will let you know how i get on.
i am also going to take the xc to the local weighbridge to see what it really comes out at.i cant wait to hook it up to try it with the van on the back.
cheers
sandy
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 22:21   #20
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

you will not have any issues with that weight with the xc90, plus you have the benefit of a higher noseweight.good luck and let us no how you get on.
the new valencia twin axle can be uprated by 35 kg not worth it. with some vans you can achieve a large amount of extra but as with others maybe not.

mike