Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My 850R estate

Views : 6411

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2010, 14:14   #41
James Brown

I will be in the market, hopefully for some kind of 850 R or V70 R (manual) in the next few weeks. Priority is reliable family transport - wouldn't mind 7 seat conversion!). This car looks interesting (essentially with the £150 interior fitted by the other member!). If you decide to sell it with interior fitted I wouldn't mind a look at it (I'm only in Derby)

My only other concern is how much extra I would have to pay for insurance given the mods - my current insurer won't entertain mods, but my policy is up soon. Never had 'a mod' on a car so any advice would be welcome.
James Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 15:08   #42
Andy Gilbert

you'll need to find a broker/company that allows modified cars, easily found these days, people like Adrian Flux/Carole Nash (sometimes) plus many others allow mods. All you do is state whats been done and they do the rest.

Am I right in thinking that the interior offered is the seats, headlining and dash top only? so the rear door cards will need to be sourced as will the rear trim to the boot?
Andy Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 16:45   #43
bonelorry

Right sadly this thread is going nowhere and is going round in circles

I wasnt going to do this for a few weeks but ill be upfront and say im prepared to take £2200 OVNO for the car with 12months mot, Tax which runs out at the end of this month and NO INTERIOR.

I am going to leave it upto the new buyer to find an interior should they want to go down that route, I will include any bits of trim that i have left for the car.

If the car hasnt sold by the end of this month i will tax the car and run it until November when the MOT runs out and if it hasnt sold by then i will break the car for spares and claim the rest of the tax back.

Please dont ask me about any parts on the car untl i choose to break it in November if it doesnt sell, I will simply remove the advert and it will spoil it for everyone else.

Last edited by bonelorry; Sep 8th, 2010 at 18:10.
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 17:25   #44
Andy Gilbert

Talk about throwing a curve ball. I can't collect till end of Sept IF I buy her though, would that be an issue? Also can't pm just yet and I am having trouble logging into vpcuk. Maybe drop me a pm and we'll talk later? If not, when I'm home Friday pm and its still here I'll pm you via vpcuk and we'll see what can be sorted out. Obviously if it goes it goes.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:01   #45
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Just to clear the interior bits I'm offering..

What you will get is the complete dash including the top part,also the beach affect has been replaced for the dark wood affect.

Centre console including the arm rest with working cup holders, again the beach has been changed to the dark wood affect.

Beige leather hand brake leaver.

Beige steering wheel.

Beige front and rear door cards including the R inserts.

Beige front and rear R seats, the rears are heated and also have the cargo net installed.

Roof lining.

All the above where taken from my 850R estate.

This will all be fitted FOC.

I will not accept any less then £150 and I also keep the bits that I remove from Simon's 850R, like the dash, steering wheel, centre console, hand brake leaver and front door cards.

As for the remaining interior parts needed like the carpets, plastic trim etc, etc, etc, I purchased all these parts from my local breaker for £30....
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:06   #46
Andy Gilbert

again apologies for the on forum question. Strbryan, were these from a red R? The concern I'd have would be switches etc not working once the items had been replaced and refitted etc.
So in essence all that would need to be sourced would be a carpet and boot trim plus plastic pillar covers and assorted other items that Simon has long since discarded during his stripping moments.
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:17   #47
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gilbert View Post
again apologies for the on forum question. Strbryan, were these from a red R? The concern I'd have would be switches etc not working once the items had been replaced and refitted etc.
So in essence all that would need to be sourced would be a carpet and boot trim plus plastic pillar covers and assorted other items that Simon has long since discarded during his stripping moments.
Hi Andy

Yes the car in question is the red car on the left in my signature...

All the switches will be working before you leave my place.Yes mate that is all you will require, and these are the easiest parts to get hold of.You can even get these parts from a phase 1 V70 as I have done....
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:21   #48
Andy Gilbert

Ok thanks, Simon pm me if you can or if not I'll drop you a line Friday am. strbryan, where abouts are you?
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:23   #49
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Ok thanks, Simon pm me if you can or if not I'll drop you a line Friday am. strbryan, where abouts are you?
I'm in Lancashire, 70 miles, 1 hours drive from Simon's
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 18:30   #50
bonelorry

Quote:
Talk about throwing a curve ball. I can't collect till end of Sept IF I buy her though, would that be an issue? Also can't pm just yet and I am having trouble logging into vpcuk. Maybe drop me a pm and we'll talk later? If not, when I'm home Friday pm and its still here I'll pm you via vpcuk and we'll see what can be sorted out. Obviously if it goes it goes.
The end of September would be fine as it gives me ample time to find a replacement and MOT the car but bear in mind the tax runs out then, Ofcourse i could tax the car for 6 months if you payed for it

Quote:
I have most of the boot trim minus 2 items, I still have the boot floor too although the framework it sits on is missing.

Quote:
Bryan is located in Chorley Lancs
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonelorry For This Useful Post: