Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Guide price required for my V70

Views : 470

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 20:39   #1
monsterdark

Guys I thinking of selling my V70 T5 ex police T reg 1999 & was wondering what it may be worth, It’s the one off the old forum that had all that ICE etc done by a TV company that produced the series Better Cars all the gear done came to just under 7K touch screen flip, talking Sat Nav MP3 player you name it, it has it twin 12” subs built into rear section very professionally installed flip down screen in rear, infra red head phones to the kids can watch a movie in the back without hassling you & more , have had leather put in, twin 2.5”cat back special exhaust, lowered all round, 302’s drilled & grooved, 18” wheels with 235 35 on back & 225 35 on front all new, privacy glass.

Has done 155K no service history could not get it from police , but has had everything done to it as per the service schedule since I bought it @ 125K up to date.

So to all the people out there that know a thing or two about these cars could you give me a rough figure as a basic model & I know I wont get the price of the car + all the ICE but a happy medium or will have to strip out all the gear & sell it separately.

Have link to car below, this was before it was lowered & new tyres

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/volvogaller...s.php?album=70

monsterdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 10:20   #2
Matt_Watkins

Default RE: Guide price required for my V70

Parkers.co.uk value a non police 99T V70 T5 at £6265 based on 50k. So adjustments made for milage and because its ex-police, I'd say £4500-£5500.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 10:48   #3
Simon Linton
850/70 Register Keeper

To get the best price for the car, you'll need to exploit the exclusivity that the Better Cars programme gave it - if you advertise it as a one-off, that will help and if you could get the video of the programme with the car in it, even better.

Otherwise I'm afraid it will be viewed as a "boy racer, ex-police, thrashed to bits" vehicle and won't even make the bottom of the trade guide prices.

Certainly, the trade won't give you pennies for it - unless it's for someone in the garage, of course - all they want is bog-standard cars with manufacturer's spec.

You'll not get the normal V70 buyer after this one with its ICE eating up the load space and the side decals - go for the Max Power buyer who will pay for something with a genuine history of modification.
Simon Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 11:29   #4
monsterdark

cheers guys thought as much, looks like a long few nights striping out all the gear & selling it that way then.
monsterdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 14:00   #5
Matt_Watkins

You will get more money by selling the bits and bobs that were fitted on ebay.