Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seatbelt warning changed?

Views : 904

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 14:18   #1
mfresh
Nice person

Default Seatbelt warning changed?

I just got my MY11.5 XC60 back from a service and it seems that the seatbelt warning meep meep noise has been changed. It is far less intrusive now - starts later and the meeps are further apart - which kind or defeats the purpose I suppose.

It also doesn't seem to meep anymore if someone puts their weight on the middle rear seat while getting in and then doesn't sit there - In the past I had to fasten the middle seatbelt to stop the meeping even when no-one was sitting on it

Anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?
mfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 15:10   #2
watchboy

At the last service I had on my V70 I had exactly the same update. I actually prefer the new noise as it is still there as a warning just not quite as loud and infuriating!!

Each to their own I guess :-)

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 19:12   #3
nosmoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post
I just got my MY11.5 XC60 back from a service...
mfresh, have you noticed anything different about your driver's side window? After a service last week, mine is not auto opening or closing anymore, I have to keep pressing the button. The other windows still auto open/close as before.

I looked through the menu settings but can't find anything related to this function, so I assume the software update during the service changed it. Perhaps a new Volvo 'elf and safety requirement?

I asked the service rep what is included in the software update since they make a point of promoting it as part of the official Volvo service. But after much faffing about different modules etc etc I realised he had no clue about what exactly is updated, or if anything is updated at all.

I'll check out my seatbelt 'meeps' next time and report back if I notice any change.
nosmoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 22:16   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

It is a requirement that the drivers window auto opens and closes. If this is not working then you need to take it back to have it fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 18:00   #5
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoking View Post
mfresh, have you noticed anything different about your driver's side window? After a service last week, mine is not auto opening or closing anymore, I have to keep pressing the button. The other windows still auto open/close as before.
All you need to do is 'reset' the window. You can do this yourself in 20 seconds.

To do this press the button and hold the button down, then when the window is fully down press and hold the button up until the window closes and keep the button pressed in the up position for about 5 seconds. Your window should then work as before ie one shot up and one shot down. Do it for each window or all 4.

Think this is how I used to do it, when it kept going like yours.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 22:37   #6
nosmoking

@volvorocks: Your instructions were spot on, the window is back to normal. You saved me a visit back to the dealer, many thanks.

@mfresh: My seatbelt warning tones seem unchanged from before. It starts off almost as soon as you drive off, at a fairly slow tempo which increases after about 5s of driving, and is quite loud. Definitely intrusive. For the backseats, I've never had any warning tones if something is detected on the seats without a seatbelt, only a message in the info screen which can be acknowledged and cleared. Mine is a MY10.5.
nosmoking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nosmoking For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 12:40   #7
volvorocks
Rodney

Cheers for the thanks Nosmoking!! You are welcome.

Now I wonder why your user name is forever embedded in my head? Could be something to do with me having quit for 4 months now!!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 14:30   #8
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post

It also doesn't seem to meep anymore if someone puts their weight on the middle rear seat while getting in and then doesn't sit there - In the past I had to fasten the middle seatbelt to stop the meeping even when no-one was sitting on it

Anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?
You will get the noise when someone accidentally puts their seatbelt into the wrong fitting and then removes it onto the correct fitting. Took me a while o work out that this was what was happening in the rear seats and I now live the centre belt buckled all the time - that way people don't put the belt into the wrong hole as one is filled already