Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VT & Rica

Views : 11082

Replies : 90

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 18:34   #71
Lance BLACK V70 T5

Going back to the original post VT are still dealing in RICA and so are all the other outlets so someones got duff information!!!!!!!!
Lance BLACK V70 T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 18:49   #72
tj101c70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance BLACK V70 T5 View Post
Going back to the original post VT are still dealing in RICA and so are all the other outlets so someones got duff information!!!!!!!!

If you mean me

No duff info,, READ the original post again !!
98 Defender 50th V8
87 240 GLT Est (Red Man)
tj101c70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 19:41   #73
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Obviously you know better than RICA and their dealer network then.

It could be so that HLM (as VT don't exist) are selling off surplus stock that they have.

They did have a pile of ECU's that they were selling on e-bay.

Anyway,,, Shouldn't you be Lance Blue Jag XJR V8, Doubt you'll be getting that RICA'd...

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.

Last edited by Nuisance; Oct 23rd, 2007 at 19:45.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 20:58   #74
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance View Post
Obviously you know better than RICA and their dealer network then.
Well Nuisance, I guess you can't blame those who are still trying to get their £25 referral fee!!

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 15:49   #75
Lance BLACK V70 T5

I still beg to differ.

Yes I should change my name but I cant be bothered who knows I might get another V70 one day plus I still drive the Mrs 850 T5.
Unfornuatly Jag tunning is a very expensive RICA is not available intill 2003 model year, I did check. Paramount performance to some good stuff and say about 7k would see you right for 500BHP with better breathing , exhaust , pulley and mapping! Thats just to much for me, the car cost me less!

Im not after £25 fees I just dont like seeing them contantly put down because of a few peoples gripes.
Lance BLACK V70 T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 16:11   #76
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
I still beg to differ.

Yes I should change my name but I cant be bothered who knows I might get another V70 one day plus I still drive the Mrs 850 T5.
Unfornuatly Jag tunning is a very expensive RICA is not available intill 2003 model year, I did check. Paramount performance to some good stuff and say about 7k would see you right for 500BHP with better breathing , exhaust , pulley and mapping! Thats just to much for me, the car cost me less!

Im not after £25 fees I just dont like seeing them contantly put down because of a few peoples gripes.
I have never used them but reading how they treat customer/s when things go wrong, I would never even bother to use them. Fact is, being rude to even ONE customer is one too many. It just reflects the person behind the counter. Thats in my opinion.

Cheers
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 16:20   #77
kjkir
T5's, drool.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigapumbu View Post
I have never used them but reading how they treat customer/s when things go wrong, I would never even bother to use them. Fact is, being rude to even ONE customer is one too many. It just reflects the person behind the counter. Thats in my opinion.

Cheers
I for one would steer well clear of VT after reading this post. Thank God that I did. I was only looking at their website this morning debating whether or not I should RICA my trusty steed. I guess that it'll be direct enquiry & liason with the Netherlands then if I do decide to go ahead.
kjkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 16:26   #78
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
I don't think they are being "put down" because a few people had "gripes".

They were/are being "put down" because:
1) they exhibited poor service in at least a couple of situations where the results of their work were questionable and damaged the cars.
2) they showed poor service in a number of other situations
and
3) they colluded with the owner of another forum with whom they had sponsorship links to remove any and all bad references to them and their work.
Any people who posted such seemed to be baned from that public forum.

And it is that last fact that is most damning of their attitude and behavior...

No disrespect to you, your opinion nor your experiences with them. Others have posted about them and have been happy.
But that is not the only side to this particular coin...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 16:42   #79
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkir View Post
I for one would steer well clear of VT after reading this post. Thank God that I did. I was only looking at their website this morning debating whether or not I should RICA my trusty steed. I guess that it'll be direct enquiry & liason with the Netherlands then if I do decide to go ahead.
i agree. thats the best route to go if you really need to have the car Rica'd. I don't care how good the product is but if the ones selling it here lack simple customer care, then its worthless. I rather deal with another product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

I don't think they are being "put down" because a few people had "gripes".

They were/are being "put down" because:
1) they exhibited poor service in at least a couple of situations where the results of their work were questionable and damaged the cars.
2) they showed poor service in a number of other situations
and
3) they colluded with the owner of another forum with whom they had sponsorship links to remove any and all bad references to them and their work.
Any people who posted such seemed to be baned from that public forum.

And it is that last fact that is most damning of their attitude and behavior...

No disrespect to you, your opinion nor your experiences with them. Others have posted about them and have been happy.
But that is not the only side to this particular coin...

Des. . .
You know Des thats the exact main reason I would stay clear too. Having read how 'one' forum seems to only support ONE product and ban anyone from having a say tells me something is not right. If it was fair and the forum allowed all sides to have a say then the people who have listed the gripes here would not carry so much weight.

Sadly since there has been lots of cover up from that other forum and also the language / tone used in some of the replies by Hamish, adam and others it totally put me off.

I never get to read such crass from Bob or IC in my visits here.

cheers
Old Oct 29th, 2007, 20:16   #80
Nuisance
VOC Member

Sources; RICA NL, and Companies House.

HLM are a RICA dealer, just the same as any of the other UK outlets.

Chiptuning are no longer UK agents for RICA software.

All UK outlets source their software directly from The Netherlands.

Volvotuning do not exist as a company and never have done. (nor could they as Volvo would drop on them like a ton of bricks for misuse of the Volvo name)

volvotuning.co.uk is just one of HLM's website scam addresses, just like when they stole Don's website. They have heavily disclaimered the site, the site name itself is an attempt by them to make themselves seem the "official volvo tuner"

Companies house states that Adam Marek Weber resigned as a director of Chip tuning Ltd on the 14/10/2007.

So there you have it.

Hamish Lindsay Motorsport of Bromsgrove are one of many UK RICA dealers. If you go to what is commonly, and wrongly, called VT, It's just the same as going to any other UK outlet, and you are in fact going to HLM.

There is no real advantage in going to Bromsgrove, over going to Preston, Liphook, Nottingham, Taunton or other outlets, unless they are throwing in some extra "deal" for free.

The only real advantage in going to any UK RICA dealer over any other is their expertese, customer service, and backup.

I know where I'd be going if I wanted RICA.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote