Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VT & Rica

Views : 11088

Replies : 90

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2007, 22:49   #81
s60ben
Master Member

They got put down for the very reasons people have already said.

Very Poor (non-existent) service.

Many of the people praising them have had nothing more done that a basic rica remap... hardly difficult to **** that up is it, solder a chip on... or on a p2 maybe plug it in if they feel like not putting a custom one on it... then shove it on a dyno... print out a pretty picture... people go away happy...

And let's not mention the outright Lies...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=178205

Quote:
19-01-2007, 20:29
Hi,

You can buy my old 19T off me, it's only covered 10,000 miles. Make me an offer ! Or I can get you a new one (NOT exchange) if you want.

Regards,
Hamish.
01527 577710
www.volvotuninguk.com
Then subject to the particular variances in the space time continuum around Bromsgrove, everything runs backwards:

Just over a month later...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17807

Quote:
21-02-2007, 15:52

2nd Hand 19T
This is off Hamish's V70 demo car and is about 6k old.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250087013255

Nat
Trades Description offences anyone

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 01:13   #82
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I know it's the principle...but what difference does 4k miles make?

I really am getting quite concerned about all of this. I contribute to the Volvo scene so people can get the most out of their hobby, and we can have a fun time. I think we well and truly get the message about HLM. What's fun or constructive about picking over threads from months and months ago?

Can we not draw a line under all this...at least until there's actually something new to report?

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 21:40   #83
shadowman-t5

James,

I think the moral of the story is that Mr Hamish Lindsay is best avoided by any thinking person. Along with any business enterprise he has any involvement with.

Phil.
shadowman-t5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 22:39   #84
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman-t5 View Post
James,

I think the moral of the story is that Mr Hamish Lindsay is best avoided by any thinking person. Along with any business enterprise he has any involvement with.

Phil.
I agree with James, the subject is boring and well over-cooked, time to put it behind us please......PLEASE...
cheers
jod
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 22:48   #85
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jod t5 View Post
I agree with James, the subject is boring and well over-cooked, time to put it behind us please......PLEASE...
cheers
jod
I agree, it would be better to get the issue behind.. But...
I have a feeling that it will be a subject that will be difficult to put behind us, particularly when you are going to get people posting what wonderful service they got and how helpful Hamish really was (and patient etc.. etc)

Whilst there may be some people happy with the "service" one has to question the reasoning behind their posting here and whether they are "plants".
I suspect the latter (from the rather extensive history already public knowledge), but you never know...

A sad state of affairs really. It would be a lot easier to provide good service I think!!

Just my opinion, of course...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 14:17   #86
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
I agree, it would be better to get the issue behind.. But...
I have a feeling that it will be a subject that will be difficult to put behind us, particularly when you are going to get people posting what wonderful service they got and how helpful Hamish really was (and patient etc.. etc)

Whilst there may be some people happy with the "service" one has to question the reasoning behind their posting here and whether they are "plants".
I suspect the latter (from the rather extensive history already public knowledge), but you never know...

A sad state of affairs really. It would be a lot easier to provide good service I think!!

Just my opinion, of course...
i am one of the people who has received good service from Hamish & VT on more than one occasion, does this mean i'm not allowed to post up about them?

Last edited by Pedro Fandango; Mar 5th, 2008 at 16:49.
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 00:08   #87
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango View Post
i am one of the people who has received good service from Hamish & VT on more than one occasion, does this mean i'm not allowed to post up about them?
I agree totally.

If comment is allowed one way it should be allowed equally the other.

This way all the facts are on the table.

I've said all I have to say on the VT matter, and will not add to it.

But I also think that brushing threads under the carpet helps nobody. The idea of forums is for as much info as possible to be in the public domain Either way.

I cringe when I see those VT is wonderful threads from their first time customers.... Not because of what they say about VT/HLM, but because that was honestly what I thought the first couple of times I went.
But I'm sure that people who have never been wronged also cringe every time they see a McCabltie bust my car thread.

All the info is out there, read it and make your own decision. Those of you reading this today have a far better chance than I had 18 months ago, as now the whole picture is in the public domain. It may not be pretty reading either way, but both the positive and negative comments are valid.

Those of you who want the forums to be all roses and smiles..... HELLO!!! WELCOME TO REALITY!!!

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 00:18   #88
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

I prefer to have open debate and discussion - not a closed argument.

On that basis, the positive experiences as well as the negative should be encouraged....

People make mistakes. Companies make mistakes. This is life.
It is how companies and people react and behave when they have made that mistake that lifts the good companies and people above the others...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 00:54   #89
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Although I entirely agree that nothing should be brushed under the carpet, can we agree to let sleeping threads lie? They have a nasty habit of re-igniting old disputes, and bringing out-of-date information to the fore. If there's some new information to present, I'm all for it...as long as it's kind*, true, and necessary!

* Reasonably. Bwhahaha...etc

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 01:21   #90
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuisance View Post
I agree totally.

If comment is allowed one way it should be allowed equally the other.

This way all the facts are on the table.

I've said all I have to say on the VT matter, and will not add to it.

But I also think that brushing threads under the carpet helps nobody. The idea of forums is for as much info as possible to be in the public domain Either way.

I cringe when I see those VT is wonderful threads from their first time customers.... Not because of what they say about VT/HLM, but because that was honestly what I thought the first couple of times I went.
But I'm sure that people who have never been wronged also cringe every time they see a McCabltie bust my car thread.

All the info is out there, read it and make your own decision. Those of you reading this today have a far better chance than I had 18 months ago, as now the whole picture is in the public domain. It may not be pretty reading either way, but both the positive and negative comments are valid.
My thinking exactly mate. Having been around the forums for long enough i've read all the post & can make my own mind up, & altho i wouldn't have any work carried out by them now i have recently used them as a retail supplier and got a very good deal in the bargain & would certainly buy parts from them again
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote