Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 960 CD Auto 3Ltr Saloon (97 Model)

Views : 5219

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2014, 08:18   #11
gardner2l2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc70jason View Post
Hello gardner212, just a question out of curiosity please.What's the 960 like on fuel?.

Regards

Jason
Hmmm I would say 25 but not something I have done any definitive check on.
I will say that fuel is not something that has caused me to take a sharp intake of breath but then I have had 4 of these and know what the running costs are. Also I always keep the tank full rather than empty.......

Cheers
gardner2l2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 23:03   #12
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner2l2 View Post
Hi
Yes we still have her and still agonising over to let her go or not but yes is still available...
Hi Gardner212, I fully understand your predicament. I had a 960 until last December and I loved the car, got her looking good and she was so smooth. What a brilliant engine. One of our members on here who had seen the car at one of our meets phoned me up one night and asked if he could buy her. I knew she would go to a good home but would she be used regularly. I had just paid over £400 the day before for a service and attention to rear brakes. Anyway, we agreed to think about it for 24 hours and I decided to let her go and I also had the pleasure of driving her to the home of her new owner on the other side of the country in Argyll. And it was an absolute pleasure.
Ian, the new owner phoned me couple of weeks ago with an update. He is delighted with the car and uses it daily which is wonderful. He has done over 20K since December and I am delighted with that. One of my problems was, also having an Amazon and S80 it meant my 960 was not used as much as I would have liked. That has all changed.
My advice would be to make sure your car will be going to a good home and she will be used regularly. I did consider buying your car because she looks a cracker but for some reason my wife didn't think it would be a good idea!
My fuel consumption was probably between 22 and 26mpg.
Good luck with your decision. Keep us updated.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 21:44   #13
gardner2l2

Hi Dibble, thanks for your words of encouragement and your own experiences with a 960. I do think they are stunning cars and as I have said before the last of what I think motoring used to be all about.

As it happens she sold today to a club member who I know will look after her and will be used on a regular basis.

Cheers
gardner2l2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gardner2l2 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 23:50   #14
Big Boaty

And what a gorgeous thing she is!

It was great meeting you Gary, and thank you so much for the car. The journey home to Dad's was uneventful, he enjoyed it very much, but was quite upset that his beloved sunroof broke on the way. Happily, I was able to remedy this by demonstrating how it operated more effectively when the sunroof button was used, rather than the one for the front foglights. I left him a couple of hours ago happily leafing through the owners manual with pint in hand, a very happy camper...

I've just got safely home myself - I spent the journey musing on how I'd not be at all surprised if by some entirely unexpected circumstances(!) things jigged around so that 'sadly' she'd have to come and live with me...;-) I gave her a run out to the shop before coming home, and it could well be a case of love at first drive...

Either way, I can promise you that she'll be staying within our family circle for the long term, and will be very regularly used, but EXTREMELY well cared for and loved. The sunroof in particular (which you so callously ignored!) will be given special attention and appreciation!

Thanks again, and all the best. I'll pop in for a pint next time I'm up your way. You did say the first one was on the house didn't you? :-D
Big Boaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2014, 09:28   #15
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

An excellent result all round which shows the forum at it's best! John.
john.wigley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 23:55   #16
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardner2l2 View Post
Hi Dibble, thanks for your words of encouragement and your own experiences with a 960. I do think they are stunning cars and as I have said before the last of what I think motoring used to be all about.

As it happens she sold today to a club member who I know will look after her and will be used on a regular basis.

Cheers
Well done that you managed to sell your car. I really liked mine lots and wished I had got my finger out earlier and bought yours. I was looking at pictures of mine earlier tonight which was probably a mistake!! Might just keep my eye open for one as good as yours. Good to know your car has gone to a good home.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 20:51   #17
Rule414

Default For sale still?

Hi. I have just joined club and looking for a 760. Seems impossible to find so now looking at something else. Is your car sill for sale? Kind regards. John
Rule414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2015, 14:40   #18
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule414 View Post
Hi. I have just joined club and looking for a 760. Seems impossible to find so now looking at something else. Is your car sill for sale? Kind regards. John
Did u not read the part that says it is SOLD?
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 26th, 2015, 21:52   #19
Rule414

Default 960? I'm very interested to buy!!

Hi. Is your car still for sale? I'm very keen to buy a nice 960..... Yours looks perfect. Please call or txt me on 07885440195. Kind regards. John
Rule414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2015, 22:23   #20
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule414 View Post
Hi. Is your car still for sale? I'm very keen to buy a nice 960..... Yours looks perfect. Please call or txt me on 07885440195. Kind regards. John
Its obvious you don't read the posts then.
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote