Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90's & The Low Emission Zone?

Views : 1370

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 18:44   #1
cosworthy2000

Default XC90's & The Low Emission Zone?

So, the Low Emission Zone comes into effect early next year, and I'm wondering what, if any, impact this will have on the XC90 owner?

I ask as I have one on order, and work in the LEZ. A workmate runs a Landrover which is non-compliant, and will cost him £200 a day to drive to work in LEZ charges, simply because it is registered as a light utility vehicle.

So what are your XC90's registered as? And should I have a chat with my supplying dealer to ensure it is registered as a private car/estate?
cosworthy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 22:10   #2
raife

doesnt it say on the v5 what its registered as?
raife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 23:35   #3
Banzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by raife View Post
doesnt it say on the v5 what its registered as?
He doesn't have the vehicle yet hence no V5.

I would be very surprised if the XC90 is classed as anything other than a passenger vehicle.
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:39   #4
owenfackrell
Premier Member

The landrover defender was always ment to be a utility vehicle where as I would also be very surprised if the xc90 was anything other than a passenger car considering that is what it's based on.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 07:51   #5
JimG
Premier Member

We used to have a Land Rover that was classed as a commercial utility vehicle because it had no rear seats or rear windows.

I'm sure the XC is classed as a passenger carrying vehicle and on most things its classed as an estate.

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 08:16   #6
popuptoaster
Master Member

Our Toyota Surf was registered as a 4x4 liught utility vehicle because its an import and in Japan they are classed as LUVs. DVLA said they would not change the body style on the V5 without a letter from toyota, who wouldnt help.

I juust kept sending the V5 back saying it was wrong until i got a letter asking for photos and an explanation.

they have changed the body style over to estate now, according to what we can work out on the Surf forum about 50% of them are classified wrong on the V5.

A modern Volvo isnt a proper 4x4 so theres no way its going to be subject to LEZ as far as current regs go, softroaders should all be classed as estate cars, especially as they are UK cars.

Confusion comes with the surf as its based on the hilux and is a real offroader so easily confused with a truck if your a dopey DVLA employee.