Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views : 1608

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2004, 16:28   #1
mraldonnelly

:-) :D }( :7

Andy
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 16:46   #2
Matt_Watkins

Im slightly confused..........
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 17:00   #3
mraldonnelly

Sorry, Was just about to post a message in the general messages but I'll stick it here to clarify.

I collected my (well, still part Nigel's but I have use of her now) T5 last night. UNBELIEVABLE.

I haven't really pushed her hard but the acceleration, sheer acceleration, when you plant your right foot is just amazing. Simply brilliant.

People have always said that a T5 brings a smile. Well I don't think that's quite true. More like an ear to ear grin verging on hysterical laughter.

I'd also like to say a big thanks to Nigel. He has to be one of the most genuine, trusting people I have ever met. I've got a whole load of spare bits from him too. All bits which came off the R when they were replaced. Thanks Nigel.

While there collecting the car I took a look at Nigel's Red R (well, you couldn't help but notice it there on the drive). What an amazing machine. And that's before you even look under the bonnet! Everything's polished under the bonnet. And I don't just mean a little crappy coating of silicone spray to make the black bits look shiny. The metal engine parts are like mirrors! Well worth a look.

Well, that's it explained. You may see a few little posts from me here in the near future as I spot little things with the car that I'd like to sort out. That doesn't mean the car's full of faults. Far from it. Nigel was completely honest about the condition of the car before I agreed to buy it. For it's age (almost 10 years), mileage (almost 150k) and history (ex cop) it's in surprisingly good condition. To say I'm chuffed is the understatement of the century.

My 850 GLT will be going on eBay in the near future so if anyone's after a bargain 850 2 litre 20 valve keep an eye out. I'll post over in sales and wants when it's advertised.

Regards

Andy
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 19:17   #4
RedR

Glad you're pleased with the car Andy, or is "pleased" an understatement??

I'm missing the "White one" already!! Having only one car on my drive is a little unusual to say the least. Still my new toy will be arriving shortly.

What does your better half think of that horrible white 850 then?? has she driven it yet?? I know that when she does, she'll soon change her mind about "Boring old Volvo's"!!

Have fun mate, and remember, dont go thrashing her all day long, she's an old girl now!!!
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 21:31   #5
mraldonnelly

Nigel,

Yes, pleased is an understatement. I'm over the moon to say the least.

Jenni hates the colour and hates the fact that it's a Volvo.......

......but, she can't hide the pleasure she gets when she plants her right foot!

When I asked her how the white one compares to the green one she replied with "it's white. But it's fun"!

Converted? Not quite. But at least she hasn't said she hates everything about it.

Don't worry, I've hardly been thrashing her at all. The car on the other hand has been thrashed a little. Ha ha, no seriously, I've only floored it a couple of times but most of the time she's been driven quite sensibly indeed. In fact, on the whole I've probably driven her more sedately than the GLT. Probably something to do with not NEEDING to work the engine to keep up with traffic.

Regards

Andy

P.S. Nigel, will you be posting details of your Skyline rebuild on a Skyline forum of some sort? If so, can you post details of the site so I (and probably everyone else here) can follow your progress? You kept us all watching as your R was rebuilt and I wouldn't mind seeing the same for your "new toy". I really can't believe your R is going to be a runaround!
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 22:09   #6
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Default RE: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but no way can an 850 be described as an 'old girl' - they only came out in 1993. Even 700's can't be described as old................
Old Sep 27th, 2004, 17:34   #7
sholtby
Premier Member

Tell us more about this Skyline project Nigel?

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 00:03   #8
RedR

Well, as some of you are aware, I used to have a R32 GTR Skyline. I absolutely loved that car, but was afraid of breaking anything or parking it anywhere, or even booting it for that matter!! So, I sold it. That was two years ago.

Well, now the red R is finished and on the road, I've become a little bored. I mean, having a car on my drive thats useable and in one piece is a little strange!!

I've pondered about my "Next Project", and have decided to go for another Skyline GTR to rebuild. Yes I know I'm getting made redundant, but my future is looking quite good at the mo, with two second interviews coming up for major engineering firms, and a first interview for Honda UK in their engines division, all in the next three weeks!!

Anyway, I digress, I've found a rough example of a GTR R32 Skyline, that needs a little TLC, and I've paid a deposit on it. The car should be with me in the next two to three weeks. I'll then strip it down, and start a major rebuild in the spring.

So......my Red 855R, with the grand total of 380 miles on it, will be my Runaround!!!! The Skyline will be "The Project".

Tell you what though.......I'm falling head over heels in love with Red R....shes absolutely gorgeous, in every way imaginable. No I'm not being big headed, I'm just commenting on how nice a "brand new" 855R is to drive.
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 14:29   #9
deanrosc

Andy,

i hate you.:)
deanrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 17:08   #10
mraldonnelly

Hi Dean,

If you'd like to go for a spin then please feel free to let me know. I live in Roby, a mile or two from Tarbock Island (M57/M62 junction) so I don't think it's that far from your place of work.

If you've got fully comp cover with a third party extension to drive other vehicles third party only then you're welcome to have a drive yourself.

Regards

Andy