Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2012 C30 D3 R Design

Views : 1133

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2017, 18:33   #1
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Default 2012 C30 D3 R Design

As title looking to sell my C30 D3 R Design. It's a 2012 in Red with 95K on the clock, I'm the 2nd owner, 1st owner was a company so the majority of the 87K on the clock when I purchased it, was motorway miles. The car has wanted for nothing, has a FSH. It had a new clutch and DMF in January, a remap in July (is about 200bhp), recent new front discs and pads, new rear discs and pads being fitted at the weekend.

It has the usual R Design spec, has the full black R design seats, bluetooth with music steaming, rear parking aids, trup computer etc.

In the time I've owned it, it's had freshly powder coated Black Focus ST alloys with new Unrioyal Rainsport 3's, plasti dipped front grill, fog surrounds, and rear badges, Carbon dipped wing mirror covers, handbrake surrond, and centre console, skull dipped interior handles, and CD surround, Carbon Rhino lip front splitter, Blue LED interior lights, upgraded headlight bulbs, calipers painted red, and wind deflectors fitted.

The car is in really good condition, and drives amazingly, the remap makes it rapid, and it still returns 45 mpg on my short commute (up to high 40's on a long run).

I am only selling as my commute has now more thank halved, and my girl friend upgraded to a V60 (from a yaris yuk) so it doesn't even get used for our long journeys now. So it's basically getting used for 60 miles a week, and it's not worth keeping a diesel for that. So now I'm doing far less miles a T5 is now an option again, so I'll be looking for a T5.

Looking for £6000, the private plate will not be sold with the car it will be going back to the original plate.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm51y6WY

I would be interested in swapping, or part ex ing for a T5, preferable a C70.

scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2017, 20:37   #2
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Just to say that you're basically selling my wet dream, unfortunately I can't stretch to £6k until next year! What a shame!!

I'm actually going to look at 12 month cash advance credit cards to see if it could be done. BRB
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2017, 20:49   #3
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Is the remap detectable by insurance loss adjuster inspections? If I declare that it'll add £150 a year to the premium, and it's the main reason I have avoided modified cars so far. Otherwise insurance is pleasingly cheap, even with the other modifications declared it's only £100 more than my V40.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2017, 21:31   #4
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

PM sent
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 11:11   #5
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

now on Ebay item 172867044064
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:01   #6
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
Is the remap detectable by insurance loss adjuster inspections? If I declare that it'll add £150 a year to the premium, and it's the main reason I have avoided modified cars so far. Otherwise insurance is pleasingly cheap, even with the other modifications declared it's only £100 more than my V40.
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2017, 18:51   #7
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Reduced to £5500
Old Oct 6th, 2017, 12:22   #8
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

I really didn't think I'd struggle to sell the C30 :-(, do you guys think it would sell easier if I put it back to standard??.

At this rate looks like it will be getting traded in, been on Egay twice and didn't even make the trade in I'd been offered, and if I trade it in I can return to standard and sell the mod parts
Old Oct 7th, 2017, 21:22   #9
Sasha94
The Dumb Blonde

Sadly that'd be the easiest way. People want everything for nothing these days, I would typically change my car every year but with the trouble of selling private I've modded the V50 instead of selling to keep my desire to change at bay. For me, the car looks spot on externally, it's a really nice look you've gone for but IMO I'd put the interior back to standard as the regular R-Design trim suits it better but that's all IMO of course.
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 12:45   #10
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

It's looking like I'm going to keep it, it's been on ebay twice and hasn't even made what I've been offered for trade in. I don't have a lot of cash to put on top of the trade in and looking at what I can get for the cash I have plus the trade in, are worse options than the C30.

So looks like it's going to stay till I can save up more cash, no point trading it in and having to pay money to get a worse car.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post: