Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vacuum Assisted Engine Mounts & Vacuum System Test

Views : 35909

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2014, 13:10   #51
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Awesome cheers. One thing I noticed when I disconnected the vac pipe of the F&R mounts to the turbo control valve/solenoid the noise was pulsatile like a garden sprinkler spinning around rather than a constant hiss that I would expect (which it is when I disconnect the other pipe going into the solenoid controller) . Is this normal?
That's caused by the design of the vacuum pump and I'm pretty sure it's normal as mine does it to. The pump is a flat rubber paddle design, later models have an electric vacuum pump.
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadeyman For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 13:40   #52
bobdabuilda
Premier Member

The vac pump side of the solenoid is a constant hiss when disconnected from the solenoid controller Part 5. Its only when I disconnect the engine pad side that I can hear the sprinkler sound from the solenoid controller. Was hoping this was faulty as its easier to fix than the mount.... Will take it to the garage to get them to check it oot. Thanks
bobdabuilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 14:23   #53
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Put the pipe on your tongue, you'll feel it pulsing until the vacuum builds. If you have a leak the hiss will pulse each time the pump sucks. I had to use an inline filter to help steady the needle on the vacuum gauge, until the vacuum built up the needle on the gauge bounced all over the place ...
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadeyman For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 27th, 2015, 17:49   #54
Funky Diver
FD

I reckon 2 years must be a record for me... Yes, I have only JUST today got around to replacing my vacuum hoses, haha.

Just can't figure out where this one goes to... from the front of the engine, whips around the right side of the block and disappears? It's NOT the rear mount one, managed to change that one.

http://1drv.ms/1fN3EcE
Funky Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2017, 21:28   #55
Peter Hilsdon

Hi
Can I ask,
Did you reseal your Vacuum Pump Part Number 08699237 with a seal kit from Volvo. or did you have to buy individual Seal?
Also if there is a Kit would anyone have the part number please,
as I am about to strip and re-seal mine.
Thanks for any reply mate .

Mine Car is a 2004 XC90
Peter Hilsdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 20:25   #56
Janis Dravnieks

Default Volvo XC70 D5 D5244T4

Someone can help me. I can not find fault. Volvo D5 2008 XC70. The engine works idle when working freely and after a moment it starts misfiring in it without burning in one of the cylinders. If I start to turn on electric consumers like a rear window heater, conditioner, dipped beam, fog lights, driving beam, seat heater, then the engine immediately works perfectly at idle. If I shut out one of the consumers, for example a driving beam, then the engine starts to misfiring at the instant that one of the cylinders will not work.
What I have checked and changed:
I double checked the nozzles and placed the other nozzles for the third time (no changes)
I drove all the wires from the control unit to the sensors to all of them and opened it, and found some of the wires that I had stripped off of the insulation. Repair them (no changes)
I exchanged fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel rail regulator, injection pump, injection pump regulator, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor. (no changes)
I checked the toothbelt condition and timing marks (all ok)
I removed the valve cover and checked the camshaft wear and the rocks were not broken (everything is ok as new)
I checked the compression
1 cil 28bar
2 cil 29bar
3 cil 30bar
4 cil 30bar
5 cil 30bar
Help someone with smart advice.

Last edited by Janis Dravnieks; Oct 19th, 2017 at 20:42.
Janis Dravnieks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2017, 23:42   #57
Harley Dave
Volvo Driver

Welcome Janis

I have been to your country a couple of times - very beautiful.

You have posted a question about your XC70 on the XC90 forum so that may be a problem.

Also you have posted on a thread about Vacuum lines and engine mounts.

Your problem seems to be electrical - maybe even as simple as the regulated voltage (~12v) being too high - so when you switch on something that brings the voltage down a bit - it works OK??

I would suspect battery or alternator (or a bad earth connection somewhere)

Hope this helps but you will probably get better responses from the XC70 forum on a thread about misfiring or battery voltage.

Cheers

Dave
Harley Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 09:27   #58
dlwarren

I know this is an older thread but every search I do I keep coming back to it

I had a lot of vibration through the car and have now changed every mount which seems to have nearly cured the issue but I know as part of the problem I had was a vacuum issue which seemed to mean I didn't have boost on initial pull away which was a nightmare when pulling onto a main road.
As part of changing the vac mounts I changed some of the vacuum hose which initially seemed to fix the issue but now it has come back but after the car has run for a few minutes the fault goes away (service required) I want to replace the vacuum connectors into the mounts but not sure of size are they 4mm? Could I have an issue with the vac pump?

Cheers in advance
dlwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dlwarren For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 09:58   #59
philbrad73

Hi,

I had similar years ago, test the mounts and pipes with a vac pump. You can test the vac pump with a vac gauge. I would also give the EGR valve and cooler a clean. You can use the vac pump on the actuator for the turbo to see if it feels it up and works any better.You can replace the turbo governor (about £150) but after all this it was the turbo, when replaced with a recon uint about £270 all was fine. HTH
philbrad73 is offline   Reply With Quote