Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine System Service Urgent - Red Triangle

Views : 37909

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 20:30   #41
Doddy1976

Cheers Clan. I guessed the battery must have been disconnected but they assure me it wasn't and no reason they should be playing around with software. It was a parking light bulb replaced (actually nothing to do with accident) but assume that would be a simple job with no need to disconnect battery. The clock display is completely blank - just the dashed/lines on the display.

Will sort out a visit to dealer for diagnostics but for sure it won't be me paying......
Doddy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 15:46   #42
Doddy1976

So took it in to dealer today - code was for fuel pressure too high. Garage say it will be nothing to do with anything Sewards are likely to have done, big coincidence though. Code cleared and all fine now. They confirm battery must have been disconnected or flattened for clock to be reset- had a look at +ve terminal and looks like recent activity - probably jump leads! Could jump starting it have confused ECU to throw up code?

Also seems they didn't replace faulty bulb (or they did the wrong one) and as I suspected I need a new active Xenon bulb (not cheap!) as it is on the way out.

See what Sewards say on Monday as I am currently £40 out of pocket. They have also damaged wheel arch a bit, probably from prising bumper on or off so will challenge that too. All a pain in the a**e given it was a non-fault accident!
Doddy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 07:52   #43
Charrua

Quote:
Originally Posted by _xc90_ View Post
Hi all,

My 2005 XC90 2.4d has just started to display 'Engine System Service Urgent' as an error message. It then decides to click into 'home safe' mode and the engine will not rev past 2000rpm whilst in drive (will rev as normal in park or n).
Has anyone else come accross this issue / what was the solution / how much did it cost.

Just as the snow has hit...typical.

Any help would be welcome,

Thanks
Hi,

had exactly the same problem and dealer changed the air mass sensor. problem recurred
they cleaned the fuel system and replaced diésel filter and problem sorted now! Got refund for air mass sensor.
Total cost i ended up paying 260 pounds
Since then i only put vpower diesel. Supermarket diésel seems to be too loe quality for the fuel system.
Charrua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 21:07   #44
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
happened to me on Friday! My10 March active. same message, same triangle. Had left the car i nthe sun for 3 hours. Dealer was nice and I left the car with him and came home by train!

Something to know is Volvo does not provide car unless you paid its recovery service. I already have two recovery schemes, one with AA and one with my insurance so I did not extend it... which means that if it takes 2 weeks to fix the car, I am without car for 2 weeks. Bizarre, last time I had an unreliable car (Gold Mark iv), I always went back home in a courtasy car. And it happened a lot with that one. Even ended it in a rental Toyota (paid by VW) for 3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketango75 View Post
Same problem here with a 2010 (1st reg Dec09) XC90 with 13k on the clock.

Went wrong Wednesday evening. Phoned Marshalls Cambridge at 0810 on Thursday morning and was there at 0830hrs. I was given a P&R ticket and went into town. Came back at about 12 and the car was being washed. Ready to go at 1230. Good service I reckon.

Faulty temperature sensor in the DPF.
Looks like the MY10 Faulty DPF Sensor curse strikes again!
Came on this pm and car in limp mode. Got it home and will ring garage in morn but doubt they will be there as is a bank holiday - will confirm cause in due course.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2012, 20:45   #45
volvocamper
Master Member

DPF Sensor was the problem, all sorted today.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:39   #46
AyrshireXC90

My MY10 has just been trailered to the local dealership with this warning, having gone in to "limp home" mode. The service department agreed it was likely to be the dpf sensor, as they have been quite busy with this item recently. When the got to work on it, they confirmed it to be the culprit!
Does seem that there has been a duff batch afflicting MY10 cars.
They also managed to identify the clunking noise from the back which occurred at low speed over non-billiard table surfaces; apparently, one of the rear springs was not seated properly.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 14:27   #47
AyrshireXC90

Now as good as new - both faults fixed.
AyrshireXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2017, 21:37   #48
Petarah

Default engine system service urgent

Hi ive got an xc90 d5 56 plate. recently had engine system service required come up, so took it and had codes checked.

ccw oo40 air quality sensor intermittent fault,
cew 9c03 antenna light ring signal missing,
dew 0006 pump faulty 4/all wheel
phw 0015 control module intermittent fault
phw 0030 reserve battery voltage too low
ecw 5560 oil leve sensor signal too high
phw 0067 reserve battery not connected
psw 002b operating button too long time.

Main issue is the dew 0006. so ive had prop exhaust off, haldex module off, cleaned out pump, replaced haldex filter and oil. put it all back to gether, now ive got engine system service urgent. I have test driven it, there seems to be no drop in power.

any ideas, and also any ideas to get rid of the other codes. are they simple jobs?

Thanks
Petarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 10:54   #49
Ciaran

Wifes 2012 XC90 just had the same problem, new sensor and good as new. £230 lighter in the pocket though!
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 11:27   #50
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petarah View Post
Hi ive got an xc90 d5 56 plate. recently had engine system service required come up, so took it and had codes checked.

ccw oo40 air quality sensor intermittent fault,
cew 9c03 antenna light ring signal missing,
dew 0006 pump faulty 4/all wheel
phw 0015 control module intermittent fault
phw 0030 reserve battery voltage too low
ecw 5560 oil leve sensor signal too high
phw 0067 reserve battery not connected
psw 002b operating button too long time.

Main issue is the dew 0006. so ive had prop exhaust off, haldex module off, cleaned out pump, replaced haldex filter and oil. put it all back to gether, now ive got engine system service urgent. I have test driven it, there seems to be no drop in power.

any ideas, and also any ideas to get rid of the other codes. are they simple jobs?

Thanks
Those are probably old codes.

You should erase them and read again to see what remains.

As for the Engine system service urgent message this is often brought about by the swirl arm linkage failing so check this first.

Lift off the plastic engine cover and then look to the front left of the cylinder head where you will see a stepper motor and a plastic arm leading to a quadrant on the cylinder head. This small plastic arm often fails and will give you that message.

It can be repaired for pence and there are loads of threads on here about it.

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote