Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 2.5 CD Saloon Manual, Breaking

Views : 2488

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2015, 14:50   #21
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetB4 View Post
Hi, is it the 20 valve 2.5? and if so is the Cat still ok and available?

Thanks

MB4
The car habitually passed its mot; but it was always on a non-cat test. My MOT man was vastly experienced and said that they didn't actually need a cat test.

I'd recommend checking it out if I were you.

Best regards,
Old Jul 21st, 2015, 22:24   #22
dahamsta

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. This is the particular problem I'm having with mine, the back panel keeps falling off and the cubby door will eventually break. I think the whole console is one giant part though. What colour are your inlays I wonder? Mine are dark wood, although I was thinking of covering them anyway.

Other things I'm looking for are door marker lights (small ones with black internals, not the giant grey ones); dash switches, in particular Info but I might be interested in others; and those stupid damned glovebox arms/stays that are so hard to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T240 View Post
Hello,

I'll check on it tomorrow - don't think there's any damage.

Yes, postage will be the dearest part; cause I won't ask you much for this.

Anything else you need, let me know and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Best,
dahamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2015, 12:43   #23

Hello, I want an O/S front sidelamp cover have you got one please.
leonard.pole@ntlworld.com
875926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 13:52   #24
Steviegsi

Have you got a price in mind for the t5r front bumper? Colour? Can you post or wrap for a courier? Thanks Steven.
Steviegsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 12:40   #25
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 875926 View Post
Hello, I want an O/S front sidelamp cover have you got one please.
leonard.pole@ntlworld.com
The corner lamps are complete Leonard, so don't just have a separate cover.
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 12:47   #26
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegsi View Post
Have you got a price in mind for the t5r front bumper? Colour? Can you post or wrap for a courier? Thanks Steven.

Hello Steven,

It is black, but will most likely need a respray, and has the grey top attached.

I can wrap and post no problem - at this point not a clue how much for postage.

Cost - I'm told the going rate is around the £240 mark; but I'm willing to haggle.
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 13:05   #27
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. This is the particular problem I'm having with mine, the back panel keeps falling off and the cubby door will eventually break. I think the whole console is one giant part though. What colour are your inlays I wonder? Mine are dark wood, although I was thinking of covering them anyway.

Other things I'm looking for are door marker lights (small ones with black internals, not the giant grey ones); dash switches, in particular Info but I might be interested in others; and those stupid damned glovebox arms/stays that are so hard to get out.
Hello,

Didn't get around to looking at it at the time. Sorry. The console is indeed complete and a total pain in removing and replacing - you wil ruin the gearknob to start with as they just will not come off; not without breaking them anyway!
The back panel seems to come off because the unit is so big and hard plastic and it flexes as you drive.
Easiest solution for that is to remove the centre console armrest, and the liner, and tape the back panel in from the inside with gaffa tape, or something equally strong. If that's your only problem with it that's what I would do.

Door markers are in a box in the garage not sure what colour the backs are.
Have the Info centre switch, and think I have a pair of the nasty hair tearing arms - any other switches?
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 13:53   #28
dahamsta

Thanks for coming back to me.

Quote:
Didn't get around to looking at it at the time. Sorry. The console is indeed complete and a total pain in removing and replacing - you wil ruin the gearknob to start with as they just will not come off; not without breaking them anyway!
I honestly didn't have that much trouble, it was just a matter of detaching the coin tray, plugs and fasteners, pulling the gaiter through the gap, easing it backwards a little, and then lifting from the back and easing it over the knob. As ever, Robert DIY helped a lot.

The gearknob and gaiter, on the other hand, I just can't figure out. There's several guides out there about it, but the official Volvo guidance is to cut the knob off, and I think that might be what I'll end up doing. I have a lovely recovered nappa leather wheel now, and a manky knob and gaiter. They're bringing the tone down.

Anyway, if you can get the console off unharmed and it matches with mine, and shipping isn't too much, I'll still take it off you, but I'd appreciate a few photos first just to be sure.

I bought a door marker in the meantime but a spare is always handy, and the glovebox arms would be great too. I'm going to leave the switches to someone else for the moment though, just bought a big bag of them from the US from some guy that seemed to be collecting them.
dahamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2015, 16:32   #29
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
Thanks for coming back to me.

I honestly didn't have that much trouble, it was just a matter of detaching the coin tray, plugs and fasteners, pulling the gaiter through the gap, easing it backwards a little, and then lifting from the back and easing it over the knob. As ever, Robert DIY helped a lot.

The gearknob and gaiter, on the other hand, I just can't figure out. There's several guides out there about it, but the official Volvo guidance is to cut the knob off, and I think that might be what I'll end up doing. I have a lovely recovered nappa leather wheel now, and a manky knob and gaiter. They're bringing the tone down.

Anyway, if you can get the console off unharmed and it matches with mine, and shipping isn't too much, I'll still take it off you, but I'd appreciate a few photos first just to be sure.

I bought a door marker in the meantime but a spare is always handy, and the glovebox arms would be great too. I'm going to leave the switches to someone else for the moment though, just bought a big bag of them from the US from some guy that seemed to be collecting them.
That's the pity of mine - nice leather knob and gaiter - former is scrap of course - as I said before, and as Volvo tell you - you either screw it round and pull it off from behind which is very hit and miss from what I've seen (that's the IPD soultion) , or cut the bugger off!
There isn't any wood trim on my centre console - don't know why, suspect it was replaced at some point as the dash has the genuine factory dark wood - might explain why the gaiter and knob are so good.

Switches seem to be plentiful at the moment, and cheap. I'll have a root through some boxes this weekend and see what kind of door lamps it has.

Cheers,
Old Jul 25th, 2015, 16:36   #30
Steviegsi

Quote:

Cost - I'm told the going rate is around the £240 mark; but I'm willing to haggle.
I seen one ad on t5d5 last week and his was sold for £120 ( colour I wanted too!), so I was hoping for something similar.

Would £150 be any good to you? Can PayPal money right away, and arrange a courier whenever suits you?

Had it been olive green I'd have been happy at £240, but with it needing painting I just can't stretch to it.
Steviegsi is offline   Reply With Quote