Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40s moving to Android Automotive OS?

Views : 947

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2021, 14:42   #1
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Default XC40s moving to Android Automotive OS?

Has anyone heard any timelines of when Volvo may update the other XC40 model range (not the full EV cars as they already have it) over to the new Android Automotive OS and Google maps?

Thanks
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 15:45   #2
MindlessJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Has anyone heard any timelines of when Volvo may update the other XC40 model range (not the full EV cars as they already have it) over to the new Android Automotive OS and Google maps?

Thanks
I believe the MY23 will be, and we should expect price lists in December.

MY23 is already live on the German site, and it looks like only the Mild Hybrid (not Plug In) will have AAOS, but not sure how accurate that is till we get the UK details...
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 19:14   #3
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessJD View Post
I believe the MY23 will be, and we should expect price lists in December.

MY23 is already live on the German site, and it looks like only the Mild Hybrid (not Plug In) will have AAOS, but not sure how accurate that is till we get the UK details...
Our XC40 Inscription build is most likely going to happen at the very end of Dec 2021 or the very beginning of Jan 2022, so it’s probably highly unlikely ours will get the AAOS/Google infotainment fitted. Not too worried though as I’m happier that we managed to place one of the last Inscription orders before the model was killed off.
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 21:45   #4
MindlessJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Our XC40 Inscription build is most likely going to happen at the very end of Dec 2021 or the very beginning of Jan 2022, so it’s probably highly unlikely ours will get the AAOS/Google infotainment fitted. Not too worried though as I’m happier that we managed to place one of the last Inscription orders before the model was killed off.
You definitely won’t have AAOS then as it’s only on MY23 and those builds don’t start till May/June I believe.

They may have removed the Inscription name, but looking at the German site; you can essentially build the same car in the new Ultimate spec. Assuming that will come to the UK as well - will be interesting to see.

We also have a MY22 Inscription on order, but tempted to switch to a MY23 as our build date is near the end of the 22’s anyway, and I want AAOS!
Old Nov 30th, 2021, 08:35   #5
jamei305

The UK MY23 pricelist has Android on the B3 and B4, while T2 and the plug-in hybrids retain the Sensus system.
jamei305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2021, 13:51   #6
MindlessJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamei305 View Post
The UK MY23 pricelist has Android on the B3 and B4, while T2 and the plug-in hybrids retain the Sensus system.
Where are the UK MY23 price lists available?