Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

the return of the 940 bitch

Views : 689

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 21:27   #1
adamsky01
back for now

Default the return of the 940 bitch

ok folowing on from 940 bitch
u will no the problems i have had well had new exhaust new ignition amplifier
new rpm sensor new coil new suppression relay now the car is doing the same thing again this time however she will go 60 miles start acting up so i checked both on the fault diagnostics no codes 1-1-1 except for the one which i no abought 2-1-2 lambda sensor which isn't there and hasent been for a long time
and this issue has been a developing issue for the last 2 months and the lam has been gone for 3 years any way getting back after 60 miles she starts to miss fire
and some times cuts out now i stooped check the codes as above so i pull the ecu fuse wait ten min put the fuse back in and off i go for enoughter 60 miles
and then i have to stop pull the fuse and wait 10 again and of she goes again

so my ? is does this sound like it is the ecu on its last legs or is it something else for which i haven't fought abought oh yer before u ask i also fited a new air idle valve at £130.00 so that is ok to lol
adamsky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 21:32   #2
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

Sounds to me like an electronic component starting to break down with heat, like a tv I used to have that would run for say annhour, then die. Turn off, then leave to cool, then if would go again.

I'm sure I saw a 940 engine ECU on ebay the other day, have a search on there for 940/960 Volvo.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 21:49   #3
Andy_Gibson
Turbo-Charged

I cant remember now but have you replaced the fuel pump relay as they can go faulty when they get hot
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 23:50   #4
adamsky01
back for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Dawe View Post
Sounds to me like an electronic component starting to break down with heat, like a tv I used to have that would run for say annhour, then die. Turn off, then leave to cool, then if would go again.

I'm sure I saw a 940 engine ECU on ebay the other day, have a search on there for 940/960 Volvo.
um well i don't think its got any thing to do with heat because i can drive it for 30 miles one day and then 30 miles the next day the i have to reset the ecu
lol this is a fun car u might just see now why i have been trying to get the reg changed to D666 EVL it is posesed
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 12:28   #5
craig8661
Master Member

i kno it sounds daft but try ht leads we had a cavalier simla fault racked my brains for weeks and it was a certain temp they arked out worth a shot i kno its anouther £20 but its rulled it out
craig8661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 04:31   #6
adamsky01
back for now

ok problem now fixed and here was the cause so all of u no and lol can take the p**** out of me for being so stupid not to have fort abought it in the first place lol ok basically i had the top bonnet seal had failed the rubber piece which seals the top of the bulk head to the bonnet well this was dripping water down on to the main feed ignition lead and in turn this was filing the base of the cap up with water were the lead plugs in to the dissy cap

so here is what i did removed dissy clean and also did the rotor arm refited it
then i silicone that seal up on the bulk head

next i used holts ignition dam seal hung the leads up and sprayed them so it sealed the cap up refitted went threw a car wash twice and the car dint cut out at all < i did before lol > and there u have it job done
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 09:12   #7
niloc
SWV Benefactor

What you should've said was ..... DOH!
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 23:09   #8
adamsky01
back for now

well i have lost the plot