Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti skid service required update

Views : 2295

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 18:13   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattievrs View Post
Booked into the dealer on Thursday......
those codes conradict , it depends how long they have been stored in there / or when last cleared .
Firstly you have teh CEM not communicating with the BCM , then you have the BCM code for pressure sensor so it must have been communication when that code was generated . I wonder if you have a network problem? The pressure sensor fault code is genuine though .
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 18:22   #12
pgm
Master Member

Was the engine running when those screen shots were taken? The battery voltage looks low which can cause a variety of codes to be throw up!

Paul
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 23:24   #13
mattievrs
Master Member

Pgm no the engine wasn't running but in pos 2 on most of the time. The battery is a volvo battery and hasn't been serviced at volvo since march 2009, so could be the orig battery?!

Clan was remapped 9 months ago by shark and as far as I know never been on vida since then or probably not at all, I've had the car a year now and it's never been plugged in as I know.

Last edited by mattievrs; Mar 11th, 2014 at 23:26.
mattievrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 06:20   #14
pgm
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattievrs View Post
Pgm no the engine wasn't running but in pos 2 on most of the time. The battery is a volvo battery and hasn't been serviced at volvo since march 2009, so could be the orig battery?!

Clan was remapped 9 months ago by shark and as far as I know never been on vida since then or probably not at all, I've had the car a year now and it's never been plugged in as I know.
Check your voltage with the engine running it should be about 14.7 volts. The electrics are very sensitive to voltage variations. Also check the connections on the CEM in the passenger footwell.

Paul
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 16:46   #15
mattievrs
Master Member

So, update time!

First off, turns out my car has a load of recalls stacked against it! So they've all been done. The 2 I remember were washer motor something and the other was brake master cylinder something or other! I'll know exactly when I get my car back tomorrow!

So it's the BCM (brake control module) that's gone so I need a new one according to the dealer, at a hair raising £800 fitted! However, the lovely people at volvo have offered me a 50% goodwill offer without even asking. What a result! So it'll be back tomorrow with me with all the recalls done, a new BCM and a wash! Really pleased that I'm only paying £450 ish with BCM and diagnostics. I might not even pay for the diagnostics but not sure on that yet. The car has also had its software updated so probably overwritten the remap but shark have said they'll reload for free.

I did laugh at the guy on the phone though as they do a "health check" which they told me that the car had blue side light bulbs and blue number plate bulbs which were illegal! I pointed out they're LEDs and white and happen to be e marked, and passed its mot in the last month with them in! He didn't know what to say!

Last edited by mattievrs; Mar 13th, 2014 at 17:06.
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 13:03   #16
mattievrs
Master Member

New BCM unit fitted with 50% reduction and a hydraulic unit fitted with 50% reduction. Total £400. Pleased with that really!
The Following User Says Thank You to mattievrs For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 17:43   #17
watchboy

Thumbs up

Glad to see you got this sorted Matt and that Volvo did the right thing by making a contribution :-)

Must be good to know it is all sorted and safe once again

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to watchboy For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 18:04   #18
tt82
Forum Support Team

Glad you got it sorted, and if it is a common fault, thanks for posting up the resolution. Might help future members with the same issues.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 16:14   #19
puttley

Default Anti Skid message

I have been closely following all the threads on this issue to try and work out where my problem lies. The message usually comes on from start up - not every time but if I switch off and switch back on again after say 30 seconds the message goes to temporarily off and then once I have driven away and pressed the brake pedal the message disappears. I have noticed that with the initial message my brake pedal is hard but resuumes normal position once the message is cleared. I did read a few days ago about the ABS wires particularly at the bulkhead t piece which I have located but cannot get them off to clean - do they just pull off? I am loath to re -visit my local Volvo dealership again as eighteen months ago they had my car in five times for a thumping noise at the front when starting off with little throttle and despite costing me over £700 they did not find the fault. Nothing to worry about they said and the noise is still there!! A friend who heard the noise reckoned it was the rear torsion bar bushes which whilst they look ok really need to be replaced. My local non Volvo garage said they were ok. Any thoughts that might help please.
puttley is offline   Reply With Quote