Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Question about Autel EU702

Views : 2411

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 27th, 2011, 07:23   #11
owenfackrell
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseal View Post
Hi all, I know this topic has been discussed on the forum, but I have had 3 fault messages appear over the last 2 months.
1. SRS sensor
2. Alarm system service required
3. Brake service required. (since disappeared)

Will the Autel EU702 point me to the cause of the faults and also clear the fault code ?
My local stealership has quoted me £98 to hook the car upto their diagnostic machine, probably another £100 to identify the faults, then god only knows how much to rectify.
I see the Autel is about £160, but would probably save in the long run.
Any advice would be warmly welcome....thanks in advance.

Tony
I have one and it has been usful.
It will read and reset the airbag one. I will also read and clear the brake one (if it comes back) but it wont touch the alarm one (i have the same message and the alarm still arms but i think the sounder doesn't work).
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owenfackrell For This Useful Post:
Old May 27th, 2011, 13:24   #12
Turbodesk
Volvo V70 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenfackrell View Post
I have one and it has been usful.
It will read and reset the airbag one. I will also read and clear the brake one (if it comes back) but it wont touch the alarm one (i have the same message and the alarm still arms but i think the sounder doesn't work).
Why don`t you buy a Volvo Dice reader?

I have bought a couple of Dice readers to reduce the price for myself.
It works great, and you can do everything the dealer can do except downloading new sofware.
The rest are for sale on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-VIDA-DIC...#ht_977wt_1139

For about 194 Pounds you have a Volvo Dice with Vida software.

Don`t buy an Autel, it can only do basic stuff. I had one to for one week and then I selled it because you can do nothing with it.
Turbodesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 18:09   #13
400-ascona
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodesk View Post

It works great, and you can do everything the dealer can do except downloading new sofware.
The rest are for sale on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-VIDA-DIC...#ht_977wt_1139

Don`t buy an Autel, it can only do basic stuff. I had one to for one week and then I selled it because you can do nothing with it.
I didn't spend £194 on DICE because I could spend less money on an Autel that will work on all my cars and most of my friends and families cars. Seems bizarre to spend more money on something restricted to Volvo only.
Old May 27th, 2011, 18:35   #14
owenfackrell
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodesk View Post

2 reasons.

1. It wouldn't work on my wife's car.
2. I would also have to by a laptop as we only have mac's which would push the cost to over double what the autel cost plus I can easily car the autel in the boot so that if I'm having trouble I can easily read the codes.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 16:26   #15
bigtree
Not so Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_matt_v View Post
I personally think it's not worth it unless you can buy it for 30 quid.

You can actually buy a Chinese Dice copy for 200 odd quid. I just bought one. I'll see how it works once it arrives.
Matt, any feedback on the DICE, lots of fault codes with my car and potentially will be swapping in salvaged components that will need coding to my vehicle, not sure if thats possible.

Was yours UK or China?

Does anyone know if anywhere other than Volvo do the software upgrades?
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 19:22   #16
v_matt_v
Volvo Fan

Everything works apart from the stuff which require software download.

I personally think buying Dice from China is better than Autel.

I bought mine in China but you can buy one from ebay. All of them are pretty much the same. Besides you've got protection with ebay just in case something doesn't work.

I can send you some links to the websites I know which sell good product if you want. PM me if you're interested.

You can check the injectors, calibrate windows, check your DIM and pretty much everyhting what volvo charges you between 10 and 50 quid.

If you need to download some soft to your car I would recommend dealer. If you know what you want you just tell them and they install what you need. The price is then not that high because dealer doesn't run diagnostics.

Matt

Last edited by v_matt_v; Jun 19th, 2011 at 19:25.
v_matt_v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to v_matt_v For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 20:26   #17
bigtree
Not so Junior Member

Sounds the way to go, like the protection with paypal.

The software, it seems to be available online, from volvopartswebstore.com/

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/pr.../30773350.html

In theory is suspect you could just purchase it online and upgrade via VIDA/DICE, although it might be better left in the hands of a dealer just in case something goes wrong!
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dice