Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 T5, conversion to accomodate pollen filter

Views : 1436

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2004, 18:18   #1
eddie69
Eddie69

Default 850 T5, conversion to accomodate pollen filter

I have a 1996 850 T5 saloon which unfortunatley does not have a pollen filter, a friend of mine has an S70 T5 which does, there doesnt appear to be much difference in all the fittings apart from mine doesnt have the capability to hold the filter, i am tired of getting a face full of bits in the summer, has anyone tried or been succesful in fitting one and were there any difficulties.

cheers Eddie
850 T5
eddie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 18:34   #2
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Default RE: 850 T5, conversion to accomodate pollen filter

It's available from the dealer and was a common retro fit for AC equiped cars. Easy to fit.
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 07:34   #3
Simon Linton
850/70 Register Keeper

Do a search, you'll find out how I and others fitted the filter - as has been said it's not a difficult job.
Simon Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 14:17   #4
RSD402

Eddie

As others have said, the pollen filter is easy to fit. I have the installation instructions as a pdf if you want to read the official instructions - let me know and I can e-mail them.

When you do it (or have it done) may I suggest the plastic cover is taken fully off (rather than being prised up with the wiper arms still on) the plenum chamber and clean out the crud that has collected there - esp check for blockage of the *two* water drains from this chamber that are hidden under the plastic cover. I had occasion to have to do this only recently as both drains had blocked and the nett result was water entering through and around the air inlet to the heater and into the passenger side footwell. Not pretty as trying to dry out the carpet an underlying sound deadening material is not fun.

regards
Wolfgang
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 15:46   #5
bigandquick
Premier Member

Hi
I've been meaning to attempt this myself. I've tried searching for Simon's instructions without much joy, and my dealers weren't particularly au fait with the installation. Despite this I've ordered what I'm assured is the right part - Volvo no. 9488526 £15.54 plus VAT. Wolfgang, would you mind e-mailing me the instructions on pdf please.
Thanks
Tim

'16 XC60 SE Lux Nav
bigandquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 17:18   #6
eddie69
Eddie69

Excelent response and thanks to all, this will be next job on the list, the only point is mine does not have air con but hopefully this will make no difference only to the filter itself.

Eddie
850 T5
eddie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 19:36   #7
sholtby
Premier Member

I want to do this mod to my car some time.
Is it just a case of ordering that Volvo part mentioned above plus a filter?

Thanks

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 20:57   #8
mraldonnelly

Simon,

As far as I'm aware yes, it is just a case of ordering the above mentioned part along with the cabin filter and away you go. The part above is the housing that sits in place and holds the filter.

It's something I meant to do for ages on the GLT and never got round to. I want to do it on the T5 now instead. Are you peed off with getting crap in your eyes every time you put the blowers on too?

I might give Nordic a call and see what they charge for the part.

Regards

Andy
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 21:12   #9
sholtby
Premier Member

andy,

Yeah, I'm interested in stopping pullen, dust, dirt etc entering te cabin and blocking the evaporator.
If you contact Nordic ask them how much their filters are please.

Thanks

Simon
sholtby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 21:27   #10
bigandquick
Premier Member

Hi
Nordic can't supply the housing unit, only the filter. Volvo filter around £18 plus VAT (after discount), Nordic branded around £14 plus VAT. The dealership I ordered the mount from have said it's just a case of sitting it on top of the intake duct and clipping the filter into it. Hopefully I'll fit it Thursday night and I'll post result Friday.

'16 XC60 SE Lux Nav
bigandquick is offline   Reply With Quote