Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

body valve

Views : 581

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 18th, 2018, 21:39   #11
Anubisxc70
Master Member

WOW then i am a lucky one.
I bought mine the owner state the she could be driven in manual but not in Auto , and she needed a body valve.

The oil was brown. If you drive it in Auto she would go to limp mode, no flares or clunks.

I started to change the oil, with sump method, after changed 4 sumps the yellow triangle and the transmission service required was gone (just gone i didn't had Vida on that time). I have changed many things on the car. Disks brakes, pads , hand brake pads, all the mounts, i have changed oil for 3 times after 1000 miles so it could clean the engine.
I got her with 193k now she is 210k.
2 months ago i changed radiator , inter cooler, egr valve. and i have done 4 more sumps of ATF. The ATF when i bought it was brown now its finally red. after 20 liters of ATF. I also think that my level is a bit to high because its above where it say hot.

What mine does is wile cold and not always she gives a small Quick from 2 to 3.

Some times and always at low speeds looks like she gets confused between 1 or 2 and she flares like 100 to 150 rpm . And only if im not pressing slightly the accelerator much if i press more she will not do it.If then i try to recreate the same situation, it will not do it. I have added a bit of trans tune 3 weeks ago could it be dirt ? So the solenoid are getting the dirt out?

THis is mainly what is going on with mine. No lights no messages, no clunks or flares like yours...i guess im lucky so far...

Last edited by Anubisxc70; Nov 18th, 2018 at 22:32.
Anubisxc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 18:50   #12
jgjones095
Master Member

Trust me mine drives fine 99% of the time now.

No adaptions were done using vida after the change.

2.4t V70XC Auto 2001 165k
D5 185 XC70 M66 2006 202k
jgjones095 is offline   Reply With Quote