Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PERFORMANCE STATS

Views : 1438

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 22:06   #1
kingqa

for those members who enjoy performance statistics please enjoy the following-
after having my beautiful 850R 'unichipped' (problems resolved), my 'real time' performance figures compare as -

standard 30-70 - 8,5 UNICHIP 30-70 - 7.0!
standard 50-70 - 6.0 UNICHIP 30-50 - 4.0!
standard 0-100 - 19.0 UNICHIP 0-100 - 15.5!

FORD FOCUS RS
standard 30-70 - 7.7
standard 30-50 - 5.6
standard 0-100 - 16.4

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R
standard 30-70 - 8.9
standard 30-50 - 6.0
standard 0-100 - 16.2

SUBARU IMPREZA WRX
standard 30-70 - 9.6
standard 30-50 - 5.8
standard 0-100 - 16.9

BMW M5!!!!!
standard 30-70 - 6.8
standard 30-50 - 5.0
standard 0-100 - 12.7!!!!!

the other cars' figures are out of this months 'AUTOCAR' magazine. I could stay wih an M5 until 70mph, then i would hve to wave bye bye to it, but all the others can 'eat my tailpipe'
Old Jan 24th, 2003, 23:30   #2
Andy S

Congrats on the chip, looks like a good improvement.

But do you maybe want to double check the speed ranges you're quoting? the 0-100s look right, but the 30-70s look more like 50-70 in 5th, & the 30-50s look about right for 30-70 through the gears.

Andy
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 22:10   #3
kingqa

JUST PROVES YOU SHOULD ALWAYS READ THE 'SMALL PRINT'. you are correct, i was hoping a bit!!

i will now be purchasing a 'turbo timer' to improve the usable power, at present, in 'damp' conditions, wheels spin upto 40-50mph!! then 'water cooling'.

cheers for the response, what do you drive and spec??

later days
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 10:12   #4
don kalmar union
Trader

Default RE: PERFORMANCE STATS/Unichip

Good to read that you are pleased with the Unichip.

I have been running one in my S70 T5 for three years now & have had it remapped as I have added exhausts, downpipes, water injection etc.

You may like to check my website www.kalmar-union.com for all of these good things that I keep in stock.

Regards, Don.Norchi.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 13:21   #5
alexzoutsos

Just to add, a turbo timer - how are you planning to increase your useable power with that?

A turbo timer makes the car's engine continue to run for a certain amount of time after you switch off the ignition, so that the turbo may cool down. However as our cars have watercooled turbos, unless you drive straight off a race track into your driveway they really aren't needed.

Did you mean something else? Or is there another use for them that I don't know about?
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 13:32   #6
Mav_UK

Water cooled turbos? Is this just for the 850 / V/S70 Turbos, or does it go for all mordern Volvo Turbos?

Stu
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 15:12   #7
Dan F
Premier Member

Default RE: PERFORMANCE STATS

All modern Volvos have water cooled turbo units.

Still allow a cool down period though as it won't hurt.

Cheers,
Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 15:14   #8
alexzoutsos

I assume you are referring to your lovely new purchase :) I'm not sure about the S40s although I would have imagined so..I'm sure Dan will know!!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 15:14   #9
alexzoutsos

Haha seems Dan was in while I was writing my reply!
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 15:48   #10
Mav_UK

I was talking about my new toy! I get a grin everytime I use the loud peddle. Getting to motorway speeds is sooo simple with this car, as is soaring straight passed them :) .

Very impressed with it too, much quieter than I was expecting, I don't know of that's the service, or the new engine mounting... And at a constant 75-80mph it seems pretty fugal with the fuel too (Don't get *much* chances to play during the week as I travel in rush hour all the time. Can't wait for the weekend :) }(

As for coll down, I wait 30 secs before driving when I turn it on (stereo, seatbelt etc) and the same after I have parked before turning off.

Stu