Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRENCH HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS ....BEWARE!!!! fo

Views : 1247

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:11   #1
sheerwater
Master Member

Default FRENCH HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS ....BEWARE!!!! fo

Hi,
A follow up on my previos warning reference an internet company called
www.fhr.fr . I accessed this website, used the search engine to find the hotel I wanted. The website stated that certain hotels were available and I phoned and booked. I then got an email saying that the hotel I wanted was not available but they had booked me into a hotel 5 miles away. Not exactly what I wanted but was reasonably suitable.
The company then refused to accept payment for the holiday by credit card (they already had my number) and demanded a bank transfer. When I refused to pay by bank transfer they deducted 8% of the holiday cost from my credit card for cancellation. I put the transaction into dispute as the company broke all their own rules as published. The company then offered a refund 2 weeks later on condition that I did not contest the credit card ''theft''. Their payment schedule to me is 4 to 8 weeks when it took 2 days to deduct the money. My credit card company states that they have had several complaints about this company so far so my case is not isolated. The website looks great, the booking proceedure is easy. They have reputable UK hotels on board. In my case they didnt deliver the goods and it would appear that I am not an isolated case. Look at the site to see how good it is but for goodness sake dont book and if you know others warn them off.
Cheers Nigel site www.fhr.fr company name is QCNS-SAS FHR ...also known as EUROPE HOTEL RESERVATION
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 10:46   #2
GorgeousGeorge
Bostin !!!

Default RE: FRENCH HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS ....BEWARE!!!

nigel

you want to stick with refusing the payment through the credit card company, otherwise you will have to pay the interest and also what will happen if they decide to charge your card in the future, how seriously would the credit card company take your next claim ???

cheers

scott

GorgeousGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2002, 22:58   #3
sheerwater
Master Member

Default RE: FRENCH HOLIDAY RESERVATIONS ....BEWARE!!!

The credit card company took my claim fairly seriously and Ive kept the matter as a ''disputed'' payment. Unfortunately this will only get my money back. I say unfortunately as the company a/ cancelled my holiday at a time when it was difficult to book another of similar quality (New Year) b/ it cost me a lot of time, phonecalls to france etc. to book another holiday c/ my money is technically tied up while this goes on. d/ my refund will be in euros and the way currency fluctuations happen there is a good chance that I will get less in £s.
If the company had been British I would have banged them into small claims court faster than they could wink. All I am left with is the opportunity to spread the bad word as fast as I can via the web!!!!
As the credit card company said I am not the only one with my particular company so if you multiply the number of complaints they have by the number of credit card issuers it makes you wonder. Now I know why they wanted cash by bank transfer so how many people fall for that one and probably lose the lot. Cheers Nigel
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote