Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 my20

Views : 3349

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2019, 08:48   #11
Crockers
Premier Member

Hmmm doesn't strike me as a wow. But that may be just me. Yellow seatbelts is a big no no for me. I do like the wheels but not the size. Yellow calipers great on a Porsche or Alfa Romeo.....but Volvo I'm not sure.
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 09:02   #12
MaDProFF
Master Member

I would never have yellow, but did like the red seatbelts and red callipers on my AMG GLA, I wold certainly have red in my Black XC60
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 14:38   #13
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Here's the price guide, kindly supplied by MtillingVolvo.

volvo-xc60-my20-edition-2.pdf

Big jump in price, I'm interested in a few of the items mentioned to warrant the 5000-ish jump in price from the R-Design Pro;

POLESTAR ENGINEERED
In addition to R-Design Pro specification, the Polestar Engineered model benefits from the following;
Sensus Connect with Premium Sound by Harmon Kardon
Metallic Paint
Polestar Engineered Black Chrome Exhaust Pipes
Front Aluminium Tread Plates
Floating Front Brake Discs
Front and Rear Polestar Emblems
Polestar Engineered Front and Rear Brake Callipers
Polestar Optimised Engine and Gearbox
Front and Rear Gold Seatbelts
Polestar Engineered Chassis
21” 5 Y Spoke (Polished/Black) Forged Alloy Wheel with 255/40 Tyres

Its the chassis and brake differences that I guess will come down to it, although the HK sound and Metallic paint is an easy 1k - have they just tweaked the air suspension control software?

EDIT* The options list would suggest that Air suspension is not available on the engineered model - not sure what that means - maybe just a highly tweaked adaptive damper system instead?

Interesting!!

Possibly XC90

Last edited by DangerMUK; Mar 15th, 2019 at 14:42.
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DangerMUK For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 16:20   #14
Waggatron

Wow.....that’s about a 10% price difference between my MY19 Momentum Pro and MY20. And I’m not seeing any difference in spec.

Think I might be priced out in three years time when lease is up if they carry on like this !!!
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 23:08   #15
DangerMUK
VOC Member

If it were ME personally and I was Volvo, I would have Polestar Engineered the T6 model as well and maybe eeked a bit more power out of the T6 and tweaked the haldex system to have more rearward bias. That would make a very tempting niche proposition to go against the SQ5 at a more attractive price.

But what do I know, also still waiting to see more about the suspension as its not air according to the price guide so is it adaptive dampers that are tuned, do the Polestar exhausts do anything? Etc etc.

Also like Mercedes they should have an option to delete the seatbelts, I can live with the brakes but the seatbelts, don't personally like them.

Possibly XC90
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 23:14   #16
DangerMUK
VOC Member

https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/...tar-engineered

Answered my own question on the scroll down, air suspension delete, Ohlins chassis components, performance brakes by Akebono and a strut bar.

Plus the Polestar software mod, forged alloys and the rest. Would be very interested to see how this drives on "normal" dampers and 22s around London.

Possibly XC90
Old Mar 16th, 2019, 00:19   #17
Crockers
Premier Member

Wonder what the front Polestar badges look like.
Old Mar 16th, 2019, 09:26   #18
sk546
Master Member

When I ordered my XC60 T8 R-Design Pro back in December and asked about the Polestar Engineered model, the sales person looked at me blankly and so I wend ahead with the R-design order.
As the dealer decided my order would be a MY20, they had to wait for the MY20 details to be released before any build slots could be allocated.
Having seen this thread, I contacted them to see if they had managed to get any details through and so getting a build slot for my car only to be told they had to fully re-order my car (putting me to the back of the queue!!!) and delivery will now likely be Sept at the earliest.
Not being a happy bunny about the whole situation, and seeing that the Polestar Engineered model was added, I am now currently in negotiations to switch my order to a Polestar Engineered T8 as if I'm waiting, I may as well wait for the thing I actually wanted in the first place.
Here's hoping!!!
sk546 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 16th, 2019, 12:47   #19
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Before you jump the gun on that Polestar,

From our calculations it only has 1hp more, its 5/6k more, it deletes the air suspension (which is pretty nice on UK roads) and adds some questionable trim colours.

I would say this, see if you can try an XC60 on 22" wheels without air suspension and see if that's a ride you're going to be happy with - that's the one thing giving me pause for concern.

Possibly XC90
The Following User Says Thank You to DangerMUK For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 16th, 2019, 13:42   #20
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Before you jump the gun on that Polestar,

From our calculations it only has 1hp more, its 5/6k more, it deletes the air suspension (which is pretty nice on UK roads) and adds some questionable trim colours.

I would say this, see if you can try an XC60 on 22" wheels without air suspension and see if that's a ride you're going to be happy with - that's the one thing giving me pause for concern.
Hi DM,

As nice and calming as the air suspension ride was in the R-Design Pro, from what I'm used to (C7 RS6, C63 AMG etc), it was a little too soft especially in the corners where the body roll was quite pronounced. I could have lived with it if there was no other choice but now there is an alternative, I'm happy to risk it as I know Ohlins make firm but very well damped suspension units.
As for the 'extra' power, its not the main purpose of going for the Polestar Engineered model, thats the chassis and brake set-up. The larger battery in the MY20 T8's will be pretty handy though.
The yellow seat belts, although rather an interesting colour, do add some brightness into the cabin so I'm not too concerned about those.
My dealer sent me the MY20 Price/Spec brochure to look through and price wise, its a similar price to the list price of my order after I added all my options, which the Polestar has as standard anyway.
Just waiting to hear what they can do.
sk546 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post: