Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

18" Medusa Woes

Views : 3761

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2012, 23:07   #11
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Meant to say if you fancy a black mesh grill similar to monkey's let me know as I have one for sale.....
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 23:15   #12
iantowil

Don't know whether this helps. I have 18" Mirzams on my C70 (which have been reported as very prone to damage in the USA) and went up from 235/40x18s to 245/40x18s. Even at 245, the Kumhos on the rear only stick out slightly more than the rim. Tried 235 Falkens and had the garage take them off immediately - the rim was protruding more than the tyre just begging to be kerbed - and I've liked Falkens previously so abit of a shame. Have 245 Barum Bravaris on the front, and these have a nice bit of rim protection. In terms of ride and handling, I didn't see any perceptible difference with the wider and slightly taller tyre.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 23:25   #13
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Mini Meet sounds good! U lads free this Sunday daytime ?

I'm getting a straight pipe fitted on mine next Sat *oh the excitement!!* It's on a one box stainless at the moment.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Last edited by t5_monkey; May 16th, 2012 at 23:29.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 00:51   #14
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Working sunday (again BOOOOO!!!) could make the sunday after if thats any good??
Old May 17th, 2012, 23:11   #15
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Working sunday (again BOOOOO!!!) could make the sunday after if thats any good??
Will be at the big York race way event on VPC ! you coming ?

Old May 19th, 2012, 02:30   #16
Wooders

I am running the medusa 18" alloys.I also had trouble with tyres going down.Turned out that the gunk they put on to help the tyre go on had not been cleaned off each time the front tyre had been changed (seems to eat front tyres,dont think the super chip helps!).This meant an uneven seal so air leaked. Its a no brainer to goto 225 size tyres.My speedo actually became more accurate with them on,so the difference is less than the factory speedo tolerance. Only issue i do have is that i have had to replace all the wheel bearings at least once.Not sure if thats an 18" issue,an S40 issue or just Scottish roads! Snow tyres make a huge difference,not only in the snow but in the rain too.Managed to score a full set of medusa's with good tyres for £400,.
Wooders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 13:43   #17
yellowbenzene

@ t5_monkey - got your message but I can't reply as I don't have enough posts! would be up for a mini meet some time in the near future but I have some professional exams coming up so it'll need to be in a couple of months!
yellowbenzene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowbenzene For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2012, 13:18   #18
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Will be at the big York race way event on VPC ! you coming ?
Nope dodn't realise that was happening either Doh! & I'm down in sunderland the weekend after so can't really afford the time off work for both trips, gutted as one of the other forums I go on is holding a rolling road session in Falkirk 9th June (first time I've seen a rolling road session local :-( )and Thats the weekend I'm in sunderland for my mums 70th stupid mums :LOL:
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2012, 15:03   #19
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Nope dodn't realise that was happening either Doh! & I'm down in sunderland the weekend after so can't really afford the time off work for both trips, gutted as one of the other forums I go on is holding a rolling road session in Falkirk 9th June (first time I've seen a rolling road session local :-( )and Thats the weekend I'm in sunderland for my mums 70th stupid mums :LOL:
which forum is that bud ?

Old May 20th, 2012, 15:28   #20
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
which forum is that bud ?
The almera owners club, had a remapped almera tddi a few years ago then a few cars before that i had an almera gti, and i kind of hung around that forum since i can check if they d let you go, can't see why they would'nt