Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 2.3 LPT SE Auto Estate for sale

Views : 680

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 12:07   #1
djdarren

Default 940 2.3 LPT SE Auto Estate for sale

185,000 miles on clock and I am the fifth owner, which I have owned since June 2007.Have also owned a 240 estate and a 480 ES .

Has been used for long trips rather than stop start / short trips and overall has been very reliable, last Mot at end on December passed with no advisors.

Have a folder with all service history from when new, all other tasks / improvements carried out by myself with receipts.

On purchasing the car I applied cavity wax to all the box sections, doors etc and have maintained the underside over the years.

Oil changed every 5000 miles and Shell V power used most of the time.

Timing belt and tensioner replaced at 156,00 miles.

JR air filter installed.

Replaced the exhaust system with a Longlife s/steel from down pipe back.
All shocks have been replaced and the rear springs upgraded to heavy duty.

In December 2011 I replaced all the front suspension with poly bushes, what a difference, should have done this years ago. Steering and handling vastly improved not vague as before.

Totally removed the air con system as pointless to have in this country with our weather, all the parts add up to alot of extra weight and also the intercooler works better with air con rad not in the way, more air flow to both rads. Never had any overheating issues.

Brand new turbo fitted a few weeks ago comes with test cert, old one was leaking oil into inlet pipe and Hc readings have been just passable on mot for last few years, also new Lamda sensor put in.

Added a boost gauge and in car manul boost controller last year to occansionally put a smile on my face, when the conditions are right.The standard turbo can safely handle 12psi, Lpt = 3.5 psi Hpt = 7 psi and the 2.4 ecu self learns / adjusts to addional boost.
Can remove the above if not required with a price drop of around £75.00.
Without any addition boost the 230fk engine puts out 135bhp and has good pulling power low down, and with a few turns on controller the mid range is greatly improved over standard, for ie safe overtaking ( caravans, tractors and old people )

The car still returns over 30 mpg on the motorway and is very comfortable on a long run.

The wheels are shod with 205 / 60 / 15 tyres all legal and the standard minilite style alloys are in good condition.

A Sony radio, cd, ipod, usb is fitted.

The body / chassis is a hundred percent structurally solid ( good old Volvo ) there are a few places of light surface rust on bottom of rear door / wheel arch. You can see in the past where I have tried to make good with a spray can ( not very good ), have the base and clear coat for this to make better.
There is a small dent in the passenger door, which I have never bothered about.

The interior is in fair condition, but the car was bought as a load carrier and most of the time the rear seats were taken out. Have a dog as well. A few plastic trim bits are missing.

Things that dont work are rear washer, can hear pump working , pipe may be blocked.
Heated seats may work as fuse is missing.
Passenger mirror motor not working.
Bulb blown on gear selector have bulb to replace.

Selling car as have bought a bigger vehicle, hopefully this will be as robust as as the Volvo has been.

£900 ono. not advertised anywhere else at present. located near Romford Essex.

Call 01708 707769 and leave message

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 002.jpg (159.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 003.jpg (163.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 004.jpg (164.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 005.jpg (180.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 006.jpg (267.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 007.jpg (90.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 008.jpg (252.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 009.jpg (251.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo sale 010.jpg (395.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo 940 011.jpg (160.1 KB, 25 views)
djdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 12:26   #2
Kevs Estate

that looks like a nice well maintained car. Hope it sells
Good Advert.
Kevs Estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 19:47   #3
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

I second that, really good description and I don't think it'll be for sale for long.

A suggestion regarding the door mirror:

For my 740 both mirrors died and was traced to the loom that comes up into the drivers door. The opening and closing over the years wore two wires so much that they separated in the plastic and would touch, sometimes.

I peeled them back and spliced them.

I had the same trouble with my new car but it was the drivers switch for the rear windows and 'cured' it by wiggling the wires in the rubber cover as above.

So perhaps if you try wiggling the wires that feed to the drivers door you might find the inop mirror starts ... or maybe not.

Perhaps worth a try.

HTH
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:07   #4
djdarren

Thanks for that, I will have alook at the wiring as it is probaly something simply to fix.
djdarren is offline   Reply With Quote