Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine System Service Required

Views : 2758

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2012, 08:59   #11
sprout99
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Then I'd say there is something wrong with your car.

The D5 should be pulling very well, smooth and hard right from low down all the way through 4000 rpm. Perhaps your needing a decoke, egr cleaned or have a weak actuator?

The engine certainly shouldn't need to be thrashed to get the best out of it, you should be getting the best out of it without thrashing.

ok....i'll reword that - low revs are quite laggy due to big turbo.
Once up to 1800 revs it does take off but it's characteristics are very different to my VAG 150PD which is very peaky at low revs
sprout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:36   #12
slingading

I'd be inclined to agree with sprout99, coming from the A4 1.9tdi 130bhp which was very quick at low revs the Volvo is slow to take off, but once it kicks in it certainly moves.

Back to the Volvo last night I went for a short journey and the warning didn't appear, and again later on when I had to nip to the shops it didn't present itself either. Surely if it was relating to too much oil it would be on all the time?
slingading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 14:46   #13
sprout99
Master Member

where is oil level?
sprout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 23:03   #14
slingading

It appears to be just below half
Old May 17th, 2012, 00:00   #15
Stoney Strike

I keep getting this message intermitently aswell....... I'll check the oil level tomorrow. It started a about a month into having the car. I misread the thing to read EMISSION Service but it's ENGINE service....... I'm already with Specsavers, I must just be thick I fear........
Stoney Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 00:04   #16
iantowil

Have a C70 D5 - I had the same message a few months after having the car - managed to get the code read by a local T5D5 forum member who had Volvo DICE clone reader. Fault was "oil level high". Changed oil on Friday, message disappeared on Monday. Dipstick was near useless as I thought it showed around 2/3 full yets still had the message - however there was a load of oil in the sump - in fact I've never seen my oil tray so full, so might not have been a million miles away from self fueling.

One thing different to yours - my message never went off.
iantowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 15:35   #17
slingading

The garage that serviced the car got the error codes off it yesterday, one of the faults was clutch sensor and another relaating to the starter motor. He said its more than likely because its been parked on a garage forecourt for a while but its having a software update next week. He did erase the warning yesterday and it's not appeared since so fingers crossed.
Old May 18th, 2012, 16:02   #18
Blandy15

My 2011 XC60 D5 Auto came up with the same fault message volvo assist came out sprayed some cleaner on one of the sensors and said all fixed.Made it about 100 yards then came up again as well as urgent engine service.Got fed up waiting and drove 80 miles home in limp home mode.Volvo changed the airflow sensor hopefully this will be the last thing to go wrong fingers crossed getting fed up now.
Blandy15 is offline   Reply With Quote