Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Advice on buying a s60

Views : 600

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2014, 19:59   #1
padmiester

Default Advice on buying a s60

Hi

I am looking at buying a s60 d3 and have found one for sale locally. It is a 2011 with 72000 miles, full volvo service history, is it worth having a look at with that sort of mileage? I'm guessing if it hasnt been done already the cam belt is due for changing. It is a car that I would be looking to keep for at least 3 years (I do around 12k a year) so would be on around 110k when I come to sell it, are there any major things that may need replacing in that time, clutches etc??? Should I look for one with less mileage? Any advice gratefully received!!!

Thanks
Paul
padmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 22:09   #2
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmiester View Post
Hi

I am looking at buying a s60 d3 and have found one for sale locally. It is a 2011 with 72000 miles, full volvo service history, is it worth having a look at with that sort of mileage? I'm guessing if it hasnt been done already the cam belt is due for changing. It is a car that I would be looking to keep for at least 3 years (I do around 12k a year) so would be on around 110k when I come to sell it, are there any major things that may need replacing in that time, clutches etc??? Should I look for one with less mileage? Any advice gratefully received!!!

Thanks
Paul
I guess it really depends on the price for it locally! I'm assuming it's around the 9-10k mark or perhaps a bit more if it's higher spec.

When I started looking at an S60, I was looking at a 2.5 year old model (i.e. just within warranty) without high mileage. I discovered that literally a couple of thousand extra bought me a nearly new S60 with less than 8000 on the clock. It was a bit of a bargain, that I've not seen repeated (I keep checking!), but there are some cracking Volvo Selekt deals out there. I guess it really depends on what your budget is.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 08:05   #3
GMcL
0's and 1's

Aux belt is due at 4 years/72k miles, cambelt I believe is 108k miles or 6 years.
These cars have an 18k mile/12month service interval. The car you are looking at will have 3 stamps and be due the 4th or should have 4 stamps.

If its an R-design I would check the condition of the door side bolster on the drivers seat for wear/worn threads in the stitching.
Check the front door lines too, make sure they have not dropped, also look at the door rubbers in the frame for evidence of touching from the door.

Other than that usual checks, buy on condition and condition alone.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS

Last edited by GMcL; Apr 15th, 2014 at 08:44.
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote