Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

P3 End Of Production

Views : 2300

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2016, 11:50   #1
SouthOxon

Default P3 End Of Production

Volvo are not accepting production orders for new P3 V70s after Thursday 21 January 2016. Neither will it will be possible to modify orders for vehicles in production after that date.
SouthOxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2016, 12:13   #2
tt82
Forum Support Team

Does the V90 go on sale on Friday 22nd or are prospective owners expected to wait for a year until it starts being sold?

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2016, 21:21   #3
100K+
Premier Member

Default I did well then....

Had not seen or heard about that....
Glad I got one of the last 215bhp V70 P3's. Can't go for these same engine fits all 4 cylinders jobs.

Pity its just too modern for the DICE/VIDA I use....messed up there...

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:46   #4
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

I've just sneaked in my order in time. I CANNOT believe the price which means that I've been able to go up to an SE Lux D4. My current one has been so good that the decision to go for another was a no brainer. The comfort levels for the many hours I sit in my car each week offered by the competition meant to me that they were no competition, if you see what I mean.
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:23   #5
st4
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishandgerman View Post
I've just sneaked in my order in time. I CANNOT believe the price which means that I've been able to go up to an SE Lux D4. My current one has been so good that the decision to go for another was a no brainer. The comfort levels for the many hours I sit in my car each week offered by the competition meant to me that they were no competition, if you see what I mean.
P3 is a great car but looking forward to the new generation S90/V90's. Just need to find a petrol one when the time comes.
st4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2016, 17:43   #6
jrrose

Default D4

Picked up my new D4 SE Lux in Nov after 14 years of having various D5's and I am not impressed - just doesn't have the power so keep having to drop a gear (being manual). To me looks like this engine has been designed for the auto gearbox. Looking at Polestar to take it back up to 200bhp but irritated that I have to spend another £750. So keep your D5's is my advice.
jrrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2016, 13:10   #7
SouthOxon

Angry Johnson's - an unusual Volvo dealer

Quote:
I've just sneaked in my order in time.
You did better than me. I tried to order a V70 at the start of the week from Johnson's in Oxford but that faltered when they demanded a five thousand pound deposit, which really is taking the p*ss. By that time it was too late to go to another dealer, who did actually want my business. I do want to change my car this year but as Volvo no longer make a car I want to buy it will be bye bye Volvo, and there is little chance I will ever do business again with Johnson's. This is their loss rather than mine as I have sourced a number of cars of different marques from them, both personally and as company cars.
SouthOxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2016, 01:31   #8
Fantastic
VOC Member

Quote:
So it was you who stopped me getting one ehh?
Tried 3 dealers but failed. Never mind, not bothered, couldn't care less, didn't want one anyway, happy with not getting one, don't like 'em, who would want one -

Booo hisss, I'm not a happy bunny, etc etc...
Old Jan 24th, 2016, 11:04   #9
H20 VOLVO

They've temporarily lost my custom as they stopped the R-Design for the last update.

However, even a D4 can't match my Outlander for BIK. Although it's not as good as a Volvo, it's surprisingly pretty good, the PHEV kit underneath is up there with the best.

So long as costs are reasonable, hopefully back with a V90 T8 Hybrid in a few years. (The V60 D6 just isn't big enough for my needs).
H20 VOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2016, 17:46   #10
JonnyA

Hi
Not really been in the market for a new one recently so haven't kept up with the news and certainly nothing on VolvoUK seems to mention this, so looking to the future does anyone have any clues as to what (if any) will be the effective replacement for the XC70? if they are producing S/V90 instead of V70 this suggests the XC90 - which leaves nothing in their range similar ...
JonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote