Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

HELP!! PLease

Views : 785

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 18:41   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default HELP!! PLease

Hi guys!!

I have come across a small problem!

My passenger side seams to mist up really bad and takes ages
to clear even with the aircon on...any ideas??

regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5
Bashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 19:47   #2
IC
S60R/V70R

Default RE: HELP!! PLease

I've recently had the same problem with the same symptoms.The heater matrix needs to be replaced. A couple of weeks ago I found that the passenger side winscreen would not demist first thing in the morning, the symptoms developed into mist coming out of the front air ducts. I have found that when I had the heater on it misted the whole car up. When you get into the car use the air conditioning to blow cold air instead of hot, this should ensure that you are not misting the car up by blowing moisture onto the windows - in effect when you use the heater to demist it is actually misting up the window as you are possibly drawing moisture through the vents. This is just a suggestion, it could be something else of course.

IC

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 20:12   #3
Bashy
Aged Member

hi

thanks for that, is the matrix expensive...i believe it maybe???

regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5
Bashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 20:30   #4
IC
S60R/V70R

I've no idea, I'm getting the work done under warranty. I was under the impression that the whole dashboard had to come off. The mechanic told me today that with my 98 MY the dashboard does not have to come off when replacing the matrix (I do hope he is right!). If it is an air conditioning job the dash may indeed have to come off - this is a major undertaking which can be very exspensive! I would suggest doing an air con search on this site to read the numerous threads on the subject, there is some excellent advice on trying the simple things first before fearing for the worst! There are suggestions of checking for damp carpets/footwell as this could be an symptom of leaking coolant and is a common symptom of a faulty air-con. There is also somebody else who has had the same symtoms of passenger side window misting up. I am no expert on this subject as I have only recently had probs with the heater and just spent time researching different threads on the matter.

IC

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote