Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ownership Thread - 2012 XC90 Executive

Views : 27654

Replies : 207

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 7th, 2019, 20:49   #1
Odysseus

Smile Ownership Thread - 2012 XC90 Executive

As the title suggests this is the first post in a thread I'll use to document the ownership experience of my new car, a used XC90.

It's a late 2012 Executive, in dark grey with dark grey leather. It has 183,000 miles and a comprehensive history. I'm the second owner.

It's the same car discussed on this thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292264

I picked it up this afternoon from the trader in Essex and drove the hour or so back to Cambridgeshire having first brimmed the tank with V Power Diesel. A very comfortable trip spent enjoying the massaging heated seats and pondering why the sat nav didn't seem much different to that fitted to the 2005 S80 I'd owned some years previously. While on the subject of the nav, the lady giving the directions sure is stern compared to the comparatively happy-go-lucky chick in the Toyota derived systems I've been used to.

The sound system is fantastic though, and the music streaming from my iPhone over Bluetooth sounded great with lots of clarity and depth of sound.

Unfortunately, today was a grotty rainy day and not one that lended itself to lots of pictures, but here are some once it was home and on the drive.

I'll get some better pictures on a nicer day following a thorough wash and wax.

Aside from mechanical checks, I definitely want to try and get the navigation updated. It looks as if it's still running maps from when it was new.

Are the ~£20 discs I see on eBay the best option for this? What sort of changes might I expect from a later (2018?) disc? Just newer maps?

Plus, the lack of the washer (for want of a better expression) on the driver's side door lock bothers me a lot more than it should.

I've seen these on eBay for a fiver, but even this seems a lot for such a small piece of plastic. Any other suggestions? Scrap dealer I guess?

I have the Volvo booked for an interior detail tomorrow morning. This should freshen up the slightly grimy dashboard and whatnot. I'll try and get some before and after pictures.

Thanks for looking!
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Odysseus For This Useful Post: