Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Map update released

Views : 4333

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 4th, 2017, 22:20   #31
Rex65

Just popped back to say thank you to the OP.
Downloaded the update last night and installed it today. Took no more than an hour to transfer to the car and went without a hitch.
How often do these updates get released generally?
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 01:10   #32
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex65 View Post
How often do these updates get released generally?
Every six months.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 07:24   #33
olly

Hoping for a bit of advice please.
I have a MY2014 (early) XC60
Map Software version is 0C72
Map Version is 30.15.02 (I'm guessing this was the date it was released?)

I appear to just have Sensus and not Sensus Navigation as there is no globe symbol below the MY CAR button (I'd be interested to know the difference but that's not the main question)

Now if I go to Volvo downloads selector then it asks me to select my car and I don't know if I have a 2014 1320 or 1346 how do I find out please?

Assuming it's a 1320 if I follow through the menus I'm offered V.30.16.04 ....so only 10 months newer than I have. I notice in the small print it says "Please observe that this map will only work with software released 2016 week 22 or later." but I've no idea what it's referring to.

After downloading direct to a blank USB and plugging it into the car it recognises there is a new a map but asks for a license key and won't proceed without it.

Several folk at the start of the thread mention a software upgrade in order to be able to install new maps. Is that my issue here or something else do you think?

Thanks Oliver

Last edited by olly; Dec 5th, 2017 at 07:32.
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 08:28   #34
pollafero

Olly,
The numbers 1320 and 1346 refer to the week your car was made in the Ghent plant.
You should find the right number for your car at the bottom of the back (cover)page of the manual that came with your car. Look sharp, because it's in very small print.
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 10:36   #35
Ixion

Hello, has anyone managed to update their maps on the older Sensus (2010 - 2013) system?

When I had the car serviced at Volvo, they said they currently do not update the system so that you can load updates via USB, as there has been some problems with the update.

I'm currently on version V30.14.02 (Software version: OBC2). Which after a quick Google seems to be this; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...0/112649372596

Can you update via a newer DVD disk - if so where can you get them from?

Last edited by Ixion; Dec 5th, 2017 at 10:42.
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 11:26   #36
NigelDay
Premier Member

There is a software update at a small charge to allow you to access these map updates on older cars. Search the forum as there was a discussion some months back.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2017, 11:47   #37
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
Hello, has anyone managed to update their maps on the older Sensus (2010 - 2013) system?

When I had the car serviced at Volvo, they said they currently do not update the system so that you can load updates via USB, as there has been some problems with the update.

I'm currently on version V30.14.02 (Software version: OBC2). Which after a quick Google seems to be this; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-...0/112649372596

Can you update via a newer DVD disk - if so where can you get them from?
I wouldn’t waste your money on these as whilst the discs will work you will still the code from the dealer to enable them - and that costs an awful lot of money