Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nice 850R Estate on eBay!!!

Views : 878

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2007, 13:00   #1
Gallen

Default Nice 850R Estate on eBay!!!

Check this out - Found it yesterday!

Very nice!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=014
Gallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 13:36   #2
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallen View Post
Check this out - Found it yesterday!

Very nice!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=014
i saw this too, emailed the seller concerning a volvo service history, and the reply was as follows..

hi we have owned the car for a long time now around 5yrs and we have always had our own eng service the car along with our other cars the car runs perfect uses no oil new gearbox 9 months ago at cost of £2000.00
regards
emma

i have had 3 turbo 850's they have all used oil.....i suspect as they have spent 2k on the gearbox the reserve will be a little high....
cheers
jod
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 13:41   #3
Gallen

Looks the nuts!

I hope they have priced it realistically. A good mileage too but you'd need the records to back it up as you've asked! Were you interested in it?

Indoors looks very clean!

Old Nov 16th, 2007, 14:04   #4
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

Quote:
Looks the nuts!

I hope they have priced it realistically. A good mileage too but you'd need the records to back it up as you've asked! Were you interested in it?

Indoors looks very clean!

yes i am..., i am looking to replace jo's T5 with a R, as i have finally come into some cash...(long story)...... i am always wary of cars with no history, i will email her back for the reg no so i can get my friendly volvo man to check the service record
cheers
jod
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 14:13   #5
DLM48
Master Member

write upon on the specification is a bit bare and has the usual rubbish about being based on the Volvo touring car. From the pictures you can see it is an auto and under the bonnet looks very clean though at 88K is should be but why a new gear box at 80Kish miles? I wonder if it is or was chipped and that is what did in the box? They are also asking for payment in 7 days yet it has a private plate that wont be sold with the car typically 3/4 weeks to get a new number and a new V5 document.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 14:59   #6
Gallen

...unless you take it on the basis that the reg number is transferred back - As long as they set the ball rolling with the dvla (i.e apply for retention) the there should be no probs. I've done this before.

It will probably revert back on to its old reg no - if this is the case then I think it can be done there and then at any Local Vehicle Reg Office. (check first tho)

Happy times!

Last edited by Gallen; Nov 16th, 2007 at 15:03.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 15:22   #7
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
...unless you take it on the basis that the reg number is transferred back - As long as they set the ball rolling with the dvla (i.e apply for retention) the there should be no probs. I've done this before.

It will probably revert back on to its old reg no - if this is the case then I think it can be done there and then at any Local Vehicle Reg Office. (check first tho)

Happy times!

Well i am in the middle of this sort of thing at the moment (buying a car with a retained number) so any help advice and real life experiences are very welcome. Yes it 'should' revert back to its 'old number' but according to the DVLA (an enquiry today) it will take 3/4 weeks to issue the new V5 with the 'old' new number' I can see 'problems' and 'issues' with ownership insurance and tax discs IF they let you take the car away with the private number on it. IF you have actually done this i would like to know how simple it was. Also i appreciate a V5 is NOT proof of ownership.
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 16:22   #8
Gallen

Ok - well it's a long time since I've done it!!!! and I think I may be a little mixed up...

If you put a retained number onto a car all you have to do is go to the local Vehicle Registration office armed with MOT, V5, Tax Disc (Make sure you park OFF road!), insurance and retention certificate, you leave with the new plate on your car!

...When I've sold a car with a private plate, I have already set the retention process rolling. I have written on the receipt that number plate is not include, and send off the forms.

When the new tax disc arrives along with the retention certificate, I posted it to the new owner along with the new reg doc.

I've had no probs with this - probably very understanding buyers!

If you do go down this route, when you insure the car on priivate plate (that is being taken off), specify that it is subject to a cherished transfer and will change - try to get them to insure it on the chassis number instead of the plate - or you may be charged an admin fee for changing to the replacement plate.

This DVLA link will help you on your way

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...tes/DG_4022575

Last edited by Gallen; Nov 16th, 2007 at 16:25. Reason: added a helpfull link!
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 11:54   #9
angusvolvo

It won't go back to its old number - it will be reassigned a random new number that is age specific to the car.
angusvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:16   #10
Georgey dee
Premier Member

I've swapped numbers around now for 10 years and they have always gone back to the original number but the DVLA says there is no guarantee. When you swap it back they will send you a Tax disk with the new number on it to match the term that you've paid for. Insurance is just an admin exercise for the company.