Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 24161

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2020, 10:25   #101
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladette View Post
It is classed as a 2020 model?
Hi,

I have responded to your post on the spec check thread, but yes your car is a 2020 model year.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 12:47   #102
Bladette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi,

I have responded to your post on the spec check thread, but yes your car is a 2020 model year.
Sorry probably didn't make my reply clear. As you kindly said it is a 2020 model so therefore should it have had a sim?
Bladette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 12:47   #103
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladette View Post
Sorry probably didn't make my reply clear. As you kindly said it is a 2020 model so therefore should it have had a sim?
I would say so, yes.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 14:57   #104
MattDell

For what it’s worth I struggled to get mine to work until I drove into London. I had a few minutes to wait in the car so thought I’d give this another try with loads more towers around. Sure enough it worked!

It could just be a coincidence but thought I’d share.
MattDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2020, 07:02   #105
Erasableyeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Hi,

They can be a bit temperamental to get up and running, but find attached the full instructions. The first 2 pages should be done by the dealer, and then should just be a case of the customer following page 3....

Kind Regards

Marc
Thank you Marc, this helped me enormously! I followed your pdf instructions and when I changed the APN, the SIM connected and I got the globe icon in the corner of the car display but I still couldn’t register using my iPhone that evening. I tried again at 6am with an android phone (old SONY Experia Z3) and the Vodafone registration page popped up.
Before changing the APN I could connect to the cars WiFi hot spot but there was no internet, it looked like the SIM was dead but now I have my 100GB, thanks again.
Post #7 Gold Star
Erasableyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erasableyeti For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 20:42   #106
key76

Collected new S90 today after a 9 month wait and a shocking dealer experience. But car is lovely.

Asked specifically about the data SIM and was told that they need to order one and it only has 2GB of data with Vodafone.

From this thread, I assume that is completely incorrect (no surprise given experience to date).

I tried to turn internet on via modem and it throws a SIM error.

Will the problem be that a SIM is needed from dealer or that one is in but not registered/setup?

I have a few things to go back about, so I have 100GB per month on my iPhone so am using that via bluetooth for now, but I want the in-car modem working.
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 21:02   #107
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Perhaps the dealer hasnt read this press release from Volvo.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/h.../services/iitc

They should have placed iit n the vehicle and completed the first part of the set up and then take you thru setting up your account etc.

Sadly, your experience is all too common these days. There have been/are problems with getting the SIM set up initially so that is probably why they have tried to fob you off. Charlatans dealing with technical matters that are apparently beyond the nous of the average car salesman. Time Volvo insisted that dealers have someone tech competent to handle these matters.

p.s. enjoy the car. The S90 was my first choice but I couldnt wait 8 months. Had to settle for an S60--hard life eh :-)
Hope this helps

Last edited by ovlov04v; Feb 1st, 2020 at 21:06.
ovlov04v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 21:23   #108
key76

So many things have gone wrong with my order that this doesn't surprise me one bit. But you're right - I come from many years of Mercedes ownership, and they also struggled to grasp this kind of stuff as well. Think it's common amongst many marques.
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 22:32   #109
deeky6

Is this just a Vodafone sim issue? I'm expecting a '3' 20gb data sim tomorrow to go into my MY2019 S90 Inscription and was hoping it was just a matter of sicking the sim into the holder and away I go
deeky6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 22:46   #110
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeky6 View Post
Is this just a Vodafone sim issue? I'm expecting a '3' 20gb data sim tomorrow to go into my MY2019 S90 Inscription and was hoping it was just a matter of sicking the sim into the holder and away I go
I may be wrong but I had to find an unlocked phone to register my free '3' SIM before I put it in the car. But then I my phone is with Vodaphone.