Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Drivers Information Module (DIM) replacement

Views : 163344

Replies : 477

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: S60 & V70 DIM, had it replaced yet?
Yes 53 9.12%
No 247 42.51%
Soon, showing signs... 208 35.80%
Had it repaired 73 12.56%
Voters: 581. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 11th, 2018, 20:28   #431
jnmonaghan

Alan-- Would you have a link for the wiring diagrams for my 2003 V70 D5

Thanks Jude
jnmonaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 22:02   #432
Father Ted
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
A wiring diagram might not be too useful ,
there are only about 5 wires going in all the input signals go in on the two network wires , then you have an earth , a live and possibly live with ignition and a handbrake lever switch input .
Yeah. Hoping for a circuit diagram as well ( PCB level) I know it's a long shot, but, well: If you don't ask-you don't get!
Old Mar 12th, 2018, 02:04   #433
ASt85
Premier Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmonaghan View Post
Alan-- Would you have a link for the wiring diagrams for my 2003 V70 D5

Thanks Jude
This could be what you're looking for
http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/v...20Diagrams.pdf

Cheers
Alan
There's also a "how to" posted by Marmitespreader on this forum his link is from page 22 post number 212 @ https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=73695&page=22
the direct link is
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/attac...1&d=1473287285

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Mar 12th, 2018 at 02:10.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 21:12   #434
daveyboy58

Hi thanks for the info, as an update the intermittent fault on the instrument cluster has reappeared and the comes and goes when it wants, it looks like I will have to send it off or take it to be repaired.
I live in Wiltshire is there anyone local you can recommend who does these repairs, I have looked on ebay and see there are a few people who offer this service but obviously I don't know them or their reputation
daveyboy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 21:36   #435
jnmonaghan

Default DIM Repairs

Volvodiagnostics.com - based in London has repaired many members DIMs on this forum. Highly recommended
I think the current price for repair is £65

Jude
jnmonaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 11:30   #436
middleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy58 View Post
Hi thanks for the info, as an update the intermittent fault on the instrument cluster has reappeared and the comes and goes when it wants, it looks like I will have to send it off or take it to be repaired.
I live in Wiltshire is there anyone local you can recommend who does these repairs, I have looked on ebay and see there are a few people who offer this service but obviously I don't know them or their reputation
Just out of interest, what year is your car?

More Questions Than Answers...???
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 18:08   #437
daveyboy58

its an 02 plate
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 18:11   #438
daveyboy58

okay thanks I will contact them today, the closest one I had found was over a 2 hour each way drive anyway and was close to double that so it makes sense to send it
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 09:47   #439
pyroloxley
Dinosaur

Hi all.
Can highly recommend Volvo diagnostics for dash repair. Been living with intermittent headlight warning for years now (crossing fingers every mot) also audible seat belt warning, then recently time clock then information display all intermittent and all checked several times for wiring problems and obvious dry joints.
Sent to Volvo diagnostics and received back 45hrs later, car snowed in and not required so didn’t fit for a week. When fitted, information display was still intermittent but all else worked ok (forgot it even had audible seat belt warning) got in touch with Volvo diagnostics and sent back, again great turnaround, and now all working. But have to reset SRS warning.
I think it’s more revealing how a Pearson/firm react to when something doesn’t go exactly right, and how they correct it, than, if it all works first time,

Thank you again Lukas. Volvo Diagnostics. Highly recommended

Probably now time to get in touch with Cheshired5 and purchase a working tested Vida/dice unit, providing he still has them available. Who I’d also like to take opportunity to thank for his informative utube videos.

Car is v70 d5 (163 manual) 2002.- was mine until snapped cambelt, now my sons with replacement engine.and used as family carry-all.
Car relaced by xc70 d5 (185 auto) 2007 with about half the mpg

Long time reader of forum, but little in way of posts. Listen a lot but speak only if something worth saying. Hence two ears but only one mouth.

Last edited by pyroloxley; Mar 17th, 2018 at 10:04. Reason: Additional thank you
pyroloxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 14:01   #440
ab2504s

Just had my DIM/console fixed by Lukas (www.volvodiagnostic.com) this morning.

I've been living with a scrambled display & dodgy clock for a couple of years then last week my whole instrunent panel decided to die. It came back on again briefly & was also showing an SRS airbag urgent warning...

I phoned Lukas who is based in Rainham. Although I live about and hour and a quarter away, decided to visit in person rather than posting. Didnt know what to expect really, but when I arrived Lukas was working out of a pukka/rather nice MOT testing garage. I sat in small waiting room (with WIFI) and within an hour it was all sorted. He removed/fixed/reinstalled, did a code read, cleared all the codes, then gave me some good advice re the one fault code that was persisting. Then he gave me a receipt/guarantee. Incredible value - £65

I've only done about 50 miles in the car since but, so far, all is working as it should.

Top bloke.
ab2504s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ab2504s For This Useful Post: