Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 CEM Repair Terminal numbers

Views : 3038

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2024, 12:29   #21
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by What on Earth View Post
Thank you for that. Think I will get up to my local Volvo agent and annoy the parts man with my inquiry as the range of these pins / connectors is mind boggling and it would be a bit annoying to select a pin that appeared correct but after fitting some and putting every back in place, including a replacement CEM, it caused yet more issues !
If the parts department can’t find the numbers they have the option of contacting Sweden.
That’s what they did in my case when there was a bit of confusion over the part numbers
Old Mar 14th, 2024, 15:32   #22
What on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi

If the parts department can’t find the numbers they have the option of contacting Sweden.
That’s what they did in my case when there was a bit of confusion over the part numbers
Done a bit more online searching and turned up the attached.
The repair terminal lead has small images below the main picture, I have boxed one in yellow and enlarged it, and it 'seems' to indicate that the part no 30656698 does go into the big green plug which baffles me as the male pins are much thinner in the green plug you repaired ?? Anyway will approach Volvo directly tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: png cem 4 (1).png (149.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png cem 4 (3).png (224.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png cem 4 (2).png (100.8 KB, 14 views)
What on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 16:26   #23
Teddy1975

You should definitely ask Volvo as there are more than 100 different repair terminals listed in Vida. Unfortunately, there's no easy way of telling which plug (or part of) they each belong to.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 12:15   #24
What on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy1975 View Post
You should definitely ask Volvo as there are more than 100 different repair terminals listed in Vida. Unfortunately, there's no easy way of telling which plug (or part of) they each belong to.
That was my plan but Volvo Diagnostics are very kindly sending me up a few of the required pins with the CEM I have ordered.

Something else to worry about is that a very helpful person decided to try and move the vehicle (long story) when I was daft enough to leave the house for a few hours and reconnected the battery with there being no CEM fitted...... in his words there was a 'right crack' when he put the battery leads back on and everything was dead. I just hope nothing else has been ruined or he may be getting a 'right crack' !
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 17:41   #25
Teddy1975

The crackling and sparking is fairly common, plenty of things come to life when the battery is reconnected. I don't know if anything bad can happen if the CEM isn't fitted, my guess would be something like the immobilizer or alarm might not be too happy about it. The rest probably not, seeing as the CEM is the main processing unit/brain in the car.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2024, 11:54   #26
What on Earth

I have a full 14 page document showing what each and every pin function is on all the plugs attached to the P1 platform cem. If this would be of use / interest then I will work out how to post it.

My 2009 2.5 petrol V50 T5 R-Design SE has me beaten now as I just cannot spend any more time or money on it, The replacement CEM from Volvo diagnostics (who were very helpful) has the car running spot on without any electrical issues whatsoever.......until you hinge the unit up to secure and then all sorts happens including it stopping. I have changed quite a few pins in the large blue plug which looked corroded but obviously something in that area is not at all happy. Shame really as I did enjoy driving that car.
Old Mar 29th, 2024, 23:36   #27
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I have a full 14 page document showing what each and every pin function is on all the plugs attached to the P1 platform cem. If this would be of use / interest then I will work out how to post it.

My 2009 2.5 petrol V50 T5 R-Design SE has me beaten now as I just cannot spend any more time or money on it, The replacement CEM from Volvo diagnostics (who were very helpful) has the car running spot on without any electrical issues whatsoever.......until you hinge the unit up to secure and then all sorts happens including it stopping. I have changed quite a few pins in the large blue plug which looked corroded but obviously something in that area is not at all happy. Shame really as I did enjoy driving that car.
did you take the circuit board out and resolder all the heavier duty pins in there?
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 07:36   #28
What on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
did you take the circuit board out and resolder all the heavier duty pins in there?
With the CEM being a refurbished item with a warranty I didn't see the need ?

Do you think otherwise ?
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 10:42   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
With the CEM being a refurbished item with a warranty I didn't see the need ?

Do you think otherwise ?
It depends what exactly "Refurbished" means of course.