Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parrot kit installation (MKi9200)

Views : 9685

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2013, 15:04   #21
Peachey169

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmcbay View Post
Ive just bought a Parrot MKi9200 system which is the correct SOT lead to buy Thanks in advance
Hi James
I used an SOT45 with my installation from Autoleads.co.uk - got it from ebay
All very simple, 2005 XC90 High Performance Stereo with amp beneath drivers seat.
Peachey169
Peachey169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2013, 16:03   #22
jamesmcbay

Thanks got one from ebay and I have to say the company were very helpful they even went as far as to phone me and go through a check list of what my car had just to make sure I got the correct lead
jamesmcbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2013, 05:54   #23
Nick 1975

Default 2007 d5 SE done last night

Hi, great post, I did mine last night in about 80 min.
Really easy and sounds good.
Thanks for the post
Nick 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 15:14   #24
Nick 1975

Default Parts required

The parts came from the following:

incarhandsfree.co.uk
1 x SOT-045 - ISO2CAR mute adaptor Volvo High Performance (SOT-045) =
£30.62

and Ebay
Seller ID - iceclearout - Parrot MKi9200 In Car Bluetooth Kit with iPod iPhone connection USB AUX SD card £132.99.

Give it a go, it is well worth the 160 quid.
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 12:46   #25
jplaut

Default Mobile phone only works through central speaker

Dear all, after reading that some of you have full functionality over the Parrot, I want to ask your help.
I made the local installer to connect the Parrot (no additional harness or cables provided) on my XC90 with the Premium stereo and the guys told me that with this stereo the only possible connection was to connect it to the central speaker.
When I made the test call, the stereo didn´t turn off the music, so I have to turn the volume knob manually every time I receive a Phone Call (and afterwards pressing the Green button on the parrot control)
Could you guide me if I´m missing something or if the installer is right telling me that the only way to connect the parrot is using the central speaker ??

Regards,
John.
jplaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 12:47   #26
jplaut

Default Mobile Phone only works through central speaker

Dear all, after reading that some of you have full functionality over the Parrot, I want to ask your help.
I made the local installer to connect the Parrot (no additional harness or cables provided) on my XC90 with the Premium stereo and the guys told me that with this stereo the only possible connection was to connect it to the central speaker.
When I made the test call, the stereo didn´t turn off the music, so I have to turn the volume knob manually every time I receive a Phone Call (and afterwards pressing the Green button on the parrot control)
Could you guide me if I´m missing something or if the installer is right telling me that the only way to connect the parrot is using the central speaker ??

Regards,
John.
jplaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 13:42   #27
Nick 1975

Its not wired up correctly.
Did they use the SOT lead mentioned above? If they did then I would lift the amp out from under the drivers seat and check the plugs are in the correct sockets as per the initial instructions.
My phone comes through all speakers and the stereo is muted automatically. The only down side is that you do not hear the parking sensors if on the phone or streaming music.
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 19:16   #28
jtrippe77

I came upon this topic during an internet search and have a related question. I'm in the U.S. so i had a hard time finding the correct harness for my 2007 xc90 with High Performance Sound. I finally found an Autoleads sot-45 on ebay. I have that now plus the Parrot mki9200. I was going for a diy install this weekend. However, I've had my eye on the Parrot asteroid mini. It has a more powerful amp and, I think, a better way to connect with an iPhone 6+. So my question is whether the SOT-45 will also work with the mini? I know they have different boxes but are the ends that connect to the sot-45 the same? Thank you in advance!
jtrippe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2015, 23:33   #29
diro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrippe77 View Post
I came upon this topic during an internet search and have a related question. I'm in the U.S. so i had a hard time finding the correct harness for my 2007 xc90 with High Performance Sound. I finally found an Autoleads sot-45 on ebay. I have that now plus the Parrot mki9200. I was going for a diy install this weekend. However, I've had my eye on the Parrot asteroid mini. It has a more powerful amp and, I think, a better way to connect with an iPhone 6+. So my question is whether the SOT-45 will also work with the mini? I know they have different boxes but are the ends that connect to the sot-45 the same? Thank you in advance!
I would go for another option instead of you. Better invest some more bucks and get OASI interface which connects to cars optic fibre MOST system
Please read this thread page 6
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=163441&page=3
Old Jan 10th, 2015, 01:08   #30
jtrippe77

Quote:
Originally Posted by diro View Post
I would go for another option instead of you. Better invest some more bucks and get OASI interface which connects to cars optic fibre MOST system
Please read this thread page 6
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...=163441&page=3
Thanks for the reply. I've alread got the SOT-45 and dont have funds to go OASI. I was hoping the 45 lead would work with the Asteroid Mini. I read that it does work with the 9200 I already have. I would exchange my 9200 for the mini if I knew the 45 would do the job.
jtrippe77 is offline   Reply With Quote