Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1988 764 turbo manual staffordshire, any interest?

Views : 1825

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 15:22   #1
lixah
Master Member

Default 1988 764 turbo manual staffordshire, any interest?

Hi, I recently got a 760 turbo (B230ET) after a lot of searching, but a change in circumstances means i need something much better on fuel.
So i am considering selling, the car is not perfect, with mainly cosmetic bits needing doing, i havent really had chance to do anything since getting the car, but it was already in good condition. with just about 100k on the engine, it runs nice.

I mainly wanted to know if there was any interest in the car, then i could get some more info/pics posted.

regards, matt
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 18:25   #2
davebslater(uk)
redbollock guru

interest here.....
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 18:44   #3
lixah
Master Member

is there anything you'd like to know in particular ?

its the facelift front end (940) and when i originally bought the car it had been vinyl wrapped for some kind of charity event, when i removed it, there is a lot of gunk left from this, which i havent bothered to remove yet, but im sure it will come off with some remover, it does make the car look a bit scruffy. and on the driver's side when removing the vinyl some of the lacquer has come off with it (its clearly from a past repair down that side, and its the same color paint under it, as in lacquer over lacquer)

The headliner was also removed and was painted blue, and the sunroof has been sealed since i got the car, its not taped up or anything, but it's had the controls removed. so i assume it stopped working at some point and the owner decided it wasn't worth fixing.

the horn does not work i think its the clock spring, since i tested the horn unit itself, and both horns work.(the last owner had air horns on the car, so i dont know if he just unplugged something somewhere) so its somewhere in the circuit. Also the exhaust is loud, i've never looked at it, but assume its got a hole in it somewhere and probably needs replacing.

I know that seems like a lot, but that is everything that is wrong with the car, I think its better to be upfront about problems.

so the good bit, the car drives great, it recently had a new alternator, ignition coil, plugs, and leads, and volvo battery. I also put some speakers in the back doors from an old 940, and a new kenwood head unit in with mp3 connectivity. the car's A/c works, as does the heater. the electric+heated seats work. its full grey leather interior. and as stated the mileage has just hit 100k. I definitely would keep this car if it could just get around 10mpg more, but its just too thirsty to keep as my daily driver.

will update with some pics.

I'm looking for £1100 ONO for the car.

-matt
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 18:49   #4
lixah
Master Member

this was taken when i first got the car. only picture i have atm

also forgot to mention, i would consider trading with a 855 as i think thats what im going to get next.

Last edited by lixah; Apr 8th, 2013 at 19:07.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 23:07   #5
volvoz2000
Premier Member

I seem to remember seeing that on ebay a short while ago..... I think you would have to be talking half that too get any real interest but you never know
06 Mercedes Sprinter 315 CDI Auto..... Twin Turbo
see the pattern emerging?
volvoz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 23:35   #6
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Yeah, didn't this end for £650?
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 16:18   #7
Palmer
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobandhismakarov View Post
Yeah, didn't this end for £650?
Around that.

I could pick up a pristine 940 for that. Or for the £1k hes asking, a 940 sports with all the goodies, and have change to insure it.

Damnit im dribbling.
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 16:47   #8
dreadnought

I could pick up a pristine 940 for that. Or for the £1k hes asking, a 940 sports with all the goodies, and have change to insure it.

Damnit im dribbling.[/QUOTE]

show me one example of a 940 sport for less than £900 that's actually worth having, I say £900 because even cheap insurance is going to cost £100.
dreadnought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 17:47   #9
Palmer
Premier Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-940-...p2047675.l2557

Ended for £710....
Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 21:08   #10
lixah
Master Member

It's like this, the price reflects what it's worth to me, i appreciate this may not be competitive. but at the end of the day i don't really want to sell, if i do, it would have to be worth while. I didn't just post an advert with a price to start with because i don't really want to sell.

It's just a shame i will have to store the car until i next get to use it.