Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90:- Options

Views : 5267

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2010, 19:42   #11
technofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Hey Jeffo, how did you get in order in for a new MY2011 XC90?? I thought that the order books were still closed...?

I too am going to place an order for a new XC90 Executive MY2011, so was very interested to hear that you just ordered one.
I ordered mine today (XC90 Active...although it has a new name now...)... The order books opened up yesterday..
Pete.

Last edited by technofan; Mar 20th, 2010 at 20:07.
technofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 19:47   #12
jeffo

Quote:
Hey Jeffo, how did you get in order in for a new MY2011 XC90?? I thought that the order books were still closed...?

I was shopping around for an XC90 about 3 weeks ago; originally I was checking prices at various dealers for a MY 2010. I had 1 dealer say he could do the price I wanted but had no further allocation on MY 2010. He could do the deal if I waited for MY 2011.

I placed the order and got an email on Friday saying that the order books have opened and my car is on order.

Is he telling me the truth?
jeffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 20:30   #13
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britsud View Post
Jeffo, Im on my third xc90 the first had the headrest mounted dvd and they were use less in bright conditions even with privacy glass, also the third row cant see them. I had and have now a 10.5 inch flip down dvd player with four headsets (ir cannon ) its superb and can be viewd via all passengers in the back. £380 fitted including playstation out put . privacy glass worth the money though.
Britsud,
I am thinking the same at the moment. What DVD (model) did you fit?
Many thanks
RP
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reggie59 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 20:56   #14
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofan View Post
The order books opened up yesterday..
Pete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
I placed the order and got an email on Friday saying that the order books have opened and my car is on order.
This is really weird.

If you go to Drive The Deal it is still not working correctly for XC90 orders – it still shows ‘0’ discount…(Before the Volvo order books closed a few weeks ago it showed a 27% discount on a D5 Exec)

Also the Volvo ‘Build your own XC90’ still indicates the old 2010 spec with no price or specification changes…

Has anyone here got the actual new MY2011 XC90 D5 Exec spec??? Or is there NO change between the (2010 XC90 D5 Exec) & (2011 XC90 D5 Exec)? I thought that there was going to be a factory Bluetooth option rather then the 'cut and shunt' dealer fit one?

I think I’ll call the local dealer I’m speaking with tomorrow to find out what's going on.
LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 21:03   #15
technofan

Quote:
This is really weird.

If you go to Drive The Deal it is still not working correctly for XC90 orders – it still shows ‘0’ discount…(Before the Volvo order books closed a few weeks ago it showed a 27% discount on a D5 Exec)

Also the Volvo ‘Build your own XC90’ still indicates the old 2010 spec with no price or specification changes…

Has anyone here got the actual new MY2011 XC90 D5 Exec spec??? Or is there NO change between the (2010 XC90 D5 Exec) & (2011 XC90 D5 Exec)? I thought that there was going to be a factory Bluetooth option rather then the 'cut and shunt' dealer fit one?

I think I’ll call the local dealer I’m speaking with tomorrow to find out what's going on.
I think the online broker sites are a bit behind what is going on at the moment. Recent price changes are not being reflected by such sites... perhaps 'Drive the deal' is getting its ducks in a row before starting again. There can't be anything worse than giving a false quote!

I also went for the bluetooth option on my 'Active' and although not 100% sure I believe it is a factory fit option and not the add on device that fixes on the dash, but it should be fully integrated into the stereo/steering wheel control buttons...

Pete.
technofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 22:21   #16
jeffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
Britsud,
Many thanks
RP
I (think) I have opted for the volvo option; if he gives me the discount that I have asked for. What I like about it is the dual 8" screens apparently include larger headrests than standard to accomodate them, meaning that you wouldnt get 8" screens in an aftermarket option.

Also the Volvo option is fully integrated into the sound system, and it includes an input option so I can still take my movies on a Hard Drive media player device, or plug in the PS3.

i do beleive the screens have been improve on previous versions.

I do wish though that the touchscreen windows based option that I hear volvo is releasing in July would be in our cars, but it wont.
jeffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2010, 23:33   #17
minimow151

I placed an order through the UK Car Broker a few weeks ago. It was the day they shut the order books. The Volvo dealership in York rang me on Fri to say they had placed the order at 0900 hrs that morning but no delivery date yet Increase of £260 on the active but they would stand on the original price.

I found Kevin at UK Car Broker to be a great help and doing a fantastic deal. Am now considering changing the spec from an Active to an SE Lux as the lights have come off the Active model. The dealer has no issue with spec change for a few weeks and is arranging the new price - with the heavy discount.

I would be very interested in the roof mounted DVD system.
minimow151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 09:43   #18
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie59 View Post
Britsud,
Many thanks
RP
They have changed the specification a little in fact usb port is handy. i have had this system since 2005 and no probs at all and picture and sound is great.

Paste this number into ebay search 170453524362 There are other ones available cheaper but sometimes feel you only get what you pay for.

Took me two hours the first time but quite a bit quicker the next time.

Hope this helps
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:09   #19
reggie59

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofan View Post
I ordered mine today (XC90 Active...although it has a new name now...)... The order books opened up yesterday..
Pete.
Pete,

How is it called now? I cannot believe my 2 week old active is already obsolete!

RP
reggie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 11:39   #20
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
Factory tints are well worth it. No need to tell your insurance company for start.

Yes you do need to tell your insurance co as this is classed as a modification. Not all insurance co's charge for it though.

In fact, according to my insuranco co, Direct Line, all options are classed as modification to the original spec - and they do charge!

Adrian Flux does not.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote