Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Panoramic Roof

Views : 2423

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2018, 18:34   #21
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
The absolute main reason for ordering a new V90 rather than waiting a few months and getting a second hand (much cheaper) one was the sun roof. My last car didn't have one and I really missed it. In my opinion (head down) if the choice were air con or sun roof the roof would win every time.

Roll on a warm day and a run in the country.

Frank
Had the run today. 145 miles to buy a few quids worth of rubbish at a boat jumble. Once off the motorway the B roads of Sussex with the sun shining, heater full on and roof open. Nothing better in motoring terms

Frank

Last edited by Boatie; Feb 18th, 2018 at 18:36. Reason: Spelling
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 22:43   #22
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
Had the run today. 145 miles to buy a few quids worth of rubbish at a boat jumble. Once off the motorway the B roads of Sussex with the sun shining, heater full on and roof open. Nothing better in motoring terms

Frank
Managed to avoid seagulls and starlings whitewashing the top of your head then?
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 14:42   #23
familymangreg
Premier Member

Love the pan roof and the way it lifts the interior of the car. We travel mainly as a family of 4 and its gives that bit of extra light for reading etc in the back for the boys. Wouldn't consider a new car without.

Note that you are unlikely to travel much above 40mph and keep the roof open, the wind noise just gets too much. Not bad at most speeds when tilted upwards. But to be honest we don't open it very often, more just for the extra light. Never bother closing the blind either.

We did get a chip and crack in the front panel of ours, see this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 21:38   #24
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Whilst we are talking about the panoramic roof, does anybody else find that the switch for operating it is bloody infuriating. Every time I want to open or closing the blind I seem to open the roof in one way or another. Had a play today to try and sort it out once and for all., but just ending up being more confused. Need to get my 3 year old grandson to show me how it works!!!!
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 21:55   #25
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Whilst we are talking about the panoramic roof, does anybody else find that the switch for operating it is bloody infuriating. Every time I want to open or closing the blind I seem to open the roof in one way or another. Had a play today to try and sort it out once and for all., but just ending up being more confused. Need to get my 3 year old grandson to show me how it works!!!!
Agreed - the single switch to operate both through blind and the sun roof wasn't the best design decision. Two switches side by side would be far easier to use.
techwatcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 22:24   #26
Murph7355

My dad had one in his car and my kids loved it. It was a must have for us after seeing cars with and without it.

It'll be high up on the priority list of any new car we get now.
Murph7355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 22:59   #27
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
The switch has 2 positions. Pull it to the first click and it is roof only. Pull again to the second click and it is blind. Took me ages to work out but I am still not 100% with it.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 00:11   #28
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Have had Pano roof on 4 cars and wife has it on hers (XC60). Love it.

Simply saying, wouldn’t order a car without!

As others have said, makes the interior feel more bright and spacious. Love it!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2018, 01:10   #29
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
I did for the first couple of weeks until someone here explained it. Now I have no issue with it at all and really marvel at the ingenuity and design of it. There is a back and forth action, which has four stages, or five if you count letting go of it. Then there's a push up function which tilts the glass or slides it open. It is actually more difficult to describe than it is to use, but there must be a knack to it or we both would not have been initially confused.