Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 hands free retrofit

Views : 3782

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 15:38   #11
Steamdrivenandy

Location: on the edge of North Staffs, south of Crewe, looking out over Cheshire in awe and wonder

That's a very handy price list, which I've saved for future consultation.

It actually answers my question in another post in that it provides Volvo's definition of my D3 Geartronic's Minimum Kerbweight at 1748kg. That then adds mystery to the V5 Mass in Service figure which reads 1838kg, a whole 90kg more. Now I know the car had Winter and Family Packs plus a Tempa spare wheel as fitted options but I can't believe they added 90kg?

Mind you Volvo don't define what's included in their Minimum Kerbweight and there is no accepted formal definition in the industry, each make can choose what they use. Mass in Service on the other hand has a formal, legal definition of 90% fuel and 75kg allowance for driver and luggage. Some car makers use that same definition for kerbweight, some don't.

Oh and whilst I accept that I can't stream music etc via Bluetooth I also don't seem to be able to get a squeak out of the phone's music player or GPS commands even when it's linked by wire via the USB socket. It seems odd that it will work hands free as a phone, but not the rest of the facilities?
Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 17:12   #12
mhon72
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamdrivenandy View Post
Oh and whilst I accept that I can't stream music etc via Bluetooth I also don't seem to be able to get a squeak out of the phone's music player or GPS commands even when it's linked by wire via the USB socket. It seems odd that it will work hands free as a phone, but not the rest of the facilities?
I can't get the music player on my Android phone to work either through the USB slot. Something I suspect to do with the car not being able to recognise the format of the USB connection.
Music from iPhone & iPod works fine.
Old Mar 29th, 2015, 21:18   #13
gaita17
GAITA17

via usb I never managed to make it work but if you connect a rca(I think that's the name) cable from the phone to the other connexion close to the usb port in the car it will definitely play on the car. I used to play Spotify from my phone in my car without any troubles.
gaita17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2015, 01:33   #14
mhon72
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaita17 View Post
via usb I never managed to make it work but if you connect a rca(I think that's the name) cable from the phone to the other connexion close to the usb port in the car it will definitely play on the car. I used to play Spotify from my phone in my car without any troubles.
That's the Aux input.
Old Mar 30th, 2015, 19:04   #15
green van man
Premier Member

My MY 10 XC70 did not have phone specified from new. All the controls and buttons are there but will not work. Message says phone not fitted when I tried.

Was going to see if it can be retrofitted and the cost but it would seldome be used by me so not a high priority.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 15:22   #16
Hendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroughley View Post
Thanks for taking the time to help. I've attached a picture of the message i receive. I have tried attaching my phone via Bluetooth but my phone doesn't find anything.

Hi guys sorry to jump back to this post but have the same issue as above in my 2011 V70

As anyone found a work around? I see things on I can plug into the aux to let me play music via the phone etc. But in this day and age we all need hands free calling

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 14:30   #17
Hendy

For anyone like me that finds this on the search

I think the Kinivo BTC450 is the best bet. It plugs into your aux and your cigarette lighter. It will let you use Bluetooth for music via phone and also let you receive calls. All you need to do is set your head unit aux and away you go.

Price wise they are only around 25 quid. Hope this helps
Hendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 07:47   #18
Gazdkw
Master Member

Tbh I found it abit if minefield. I have the same dash controls as you but I have a fixed phone. I cant connect my phone as it dkesnt have bluetooth. There is a module i think you can get that enables it but I'm not exactly sure
Gazdkw is offline   Reply With Quote