Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2016 xc90 post factory reset

Views : 726

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2018, 10:40   #1
cpharvey

Default 2016 xc90 post factory reset

I just bought a 2016 XC90 Inscription series. Being the second owner I thought a factory reset would be a good idea. Although having done that, all the settings when you swipe left have both moved their location and I seem to be missing a bunch of options that were there before.

Maybe I’m going senile, but I believe there were roughly twice as many options as before. Makes no sense to me, just wondering if others had seen this.
cpharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 11:00   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Have you tried scrolling up and down to see if you see more. You can move the icons by keeping your finger on them andcplacing them where you want them.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Sep 15th, 2018 at 11:04.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 11:03   #3
gaby
Premier Member

Shoudn't the reset have been done before the car was handed over to you?
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 11:19   #4
cpharvey

Yep, have scrolled all the way up and down. Good to know you can move them, that explains the repositioning.

It was bought off a non Volvo dealership. I doubt they knew how to reset it.
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 13:49   #5
cpharvey

Just had a closer look and by example, my son and I remember there being a setting selection for auto-dimming the headlights (I also see this option on the stick). This is just one of the options that now seems to have gone. I'm sure there are quite a few more that I can't remember. Certainly the list today seems a lot shorter than last night.

I can't find a way to list all the settings that ought to be available to the car based on it's options (or not), but I did realize how to move the icons around.
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 14:32   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

There are lots of options in the settings menus in the settings tab at the top of the screen (swipe sensus screen down from the very top): Lighting is one of them, as well as most of the other car setting, the ones on the sensus screen when you swipe the screen left are for other driver aids and swiping the screen right are the audio/media and other app settings.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 19:03   #7
J30 YAP

Factory reset, resets it back when it left the factory. There are obviously updates after that which could be the things that are missing.
The Following User Says Thank You to J30 YAP For This Useful Post: