Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4/5 tuning- Interesting..

Views : 9270

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 8th, 2019, 10:39   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
I’d love the BSR option but Ecu out and sending away is not appealing. These guys can do everything OBD allegedly. I’ll confirm this Friday when mine arrives..
Let us know once you have had a chance to play with it.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 11:53   #22
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Let us know once you have had a chance to play with it.
30 minutes away from the DPD tracking app...

Software already loaded on PC (they sent me a link when I purchased).

I have to update the device, read the ECU, upload to PC and send the file over to them on their portal.

Hope the revised file comes back quick!!

The tuning device was only launched yesterday so I imagine they will be snowed under with files to start with.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 12:39   #23
LordLucan

is it here yet?
is it here yet?
is it here yet?
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 12:52   #24
Deman77
Master Member

Are you planning to put her on the Dyno Run before and after to get objective difference? If they remap your throttle response so it goes mental when you barely touch it, it may feel fast but it simply interprets throttle input differently. From what I read the placebo effect is very strong in the affordable tuning industry.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 14:36   #25
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Are you planning to put her on the Dyno Run before and after to get objective difference? If they remap your throttle response so it goes mental when you barely touch it, it may feel fast but it simply interprets throttle input differently. From what I read the placebo effect is very strong in the affordable tuning industry.
Hi. No no plans to put it on a rolling road. I’ve had a fair few cars mapped over the years and I’ve never had one that drove any different on partial throttle or had crazy throttle response. Because it’s easy to load the software, and remove back to stock I’d do some 50-70, 30-100mph timing.

Well I would do if the thing actually worked!!

Updated, plugged into the car, read quickly but came up with ‘wrong selection of brand model or unknown ECU’..

Emailed SA Tuning via the portal and they quickly rang me. My car is a 2019 model year and has a MB279800-96 (apparently). They do not have a solution for this yet. Had it been an earlier car it would have worked.

SA Tuning immediately offered to get it picked up and a refund given but suggested they contact the supplier to see if there was anything imminent for my car.

The unit is a DIMSport Mygenius - so basically a ‘single use’ version of the software/hardware that every other car mapper uses.

Gutted!!!

Looking on the Dimsport website/blog and they seem to be adding dozens of cars/bikes/tractors! daily. If they don’t have a date for a ‘fix’ I’ll send it back.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 14:40   #26
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Hi. No no plans to put it on a rolling road. I’ve had a fair few cars mapped over the years and I’ve never had one that drove any different on partial throttle or had crazy throttle response. Because it’s easy to load the software, and remove back to stock I’d do some 50-70, 30-100mph timing.

Well I would do if the thing actually worked!!

Updated, plugged into the car, read quickly but came up with ‘wrong selection of brand model or unknown ECU’..

Emailed SA Tuning via the portal and they quickly rang me. My car is a 2019 model year and has a MB279800-96 (apparently). They do not have a solution for this yet. Had it been an earlier car it would have worked.

SA Tuning immediately offered to get it picked up and a refund given but suggested they contact the supplier to see if there was anything imminent for my car.

The unit is a DIMSport Mygenius - so basically a ‘single use’ version of the software/hardware that every other car mapper uses.

Gutted!!!

Looking on the Dimsport website/blog and they seem to be adding dozens of cars/bikes/tractors! daily. If they don’t have a date for a ‘fix’ I’ll send it back.

Did I say that I was gutted?!!! So so gutted!!! Haha.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 15:58   #27
Iainmc

I bet you are gutted!, I will have the same problem when I get my car in June then as it will be a MY2020
Iainmc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iainmc For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 16:05   #28
LordLucan

Quote:
Did I say that I was gutted?!!! So so gutted!!! Haha.
I'm gutted for you. Lets hope for a quick solution.
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 16:48   #29
Berkshirebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Me again. Have a look at this - just a remap.

https://youtu.be/2KfMY96v_Gc
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 18:28   #30
Deman77
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucan View Post
I'm gutted for you. Lets hope for a quick solution.
+1. Hope they get you the fix. I’d be very curious to hear about the results. I don’t feel it lacking at speed but I would be keen if it can improve low speed performance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post: