Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 S40 Recall

Views : 358046

Replies : 106

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2015, 15:21   #91
kgthomas

Ive just found out yesterday that my 2010 S40 is due the clutch master cylinder recall. I found this out while on the phone to check to see if my car had any DPF recalls.

The thing I am wondering is that recently my car had the clutch release bearing go which is now a hydraulic system. As part of this I discovered that the gearbox had a couple of bearings going so I ended up having to recondition the gearbox, change the clutch, release bearing and flywheel. Very expensive repair bill. What I am wondering could a potentially leaking clutch master cylinder have caused the release bearing to fail?

Just interested before I go to Volvo to see if this could have caused my problems?

Cheers Keith
kgthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2015, 16:30   #92
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgthomas View Post
Ive just found out yesterday that my 2010 S40 is due the clutch master cylinder recall. I found this out while on the phone to check to see if my car had any DPF recalls.

The thing I am wondering is that recently my car had the clutch release bearing go which is now a hydraulic system. As part of this I discovered that the gearbox had a couple of bearings going so I ended up having to recondition the gearbox, change the clutch, release bearing and flywheel. Very expensive repair bill. What I am wondering could a potentially leaking clutch master cylinder have caused the release bearing to fail?

Just interested before I go to Volvo to see if this could have caused my problems?

Cheers Keith
No not at all , the problem isn't leaking it is the plastic push rod can break under certain conditions , I haven't known any actually break yet .
( or leak ! )
Old Dec 11th, 2015, 18:30   #93
kgthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
No not at all , the problem isn't leaking it is the plastic push rod can break under certain conditions , I haven't known any actually break yet .
( or leak ! )
Ah thanks for the info. Must get the car booked in for the recall.

Cheers Keith
kgthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2016, 07:43   #94
heyskull
Heyskull

How do you check if the recalls on these cars have been carried out and are required?
Also are these recalls time limited or are they enforced throughout the life of the car?

SC
heyskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2016, 19:25   #95
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyskull View Post
How do you check if the recalls on these cars have been carried out and are required?
Also are these recalls time limited or are they enforced throughout the life of the car?

SC
you need to contact a dealer who will check for you .. but you will have been contacted by post if you have had the car a while .Recalls do not end or expire until the work is carried out even years into the future .
Old Jan 27th, 2016, 11:56   #96
Legage

Default Legage

First post not sure if in right area !!

There is a recall for V50s to fix the problem of it speeding up when the accelerator is released, recall ref R/2010/051. (ECM upgrade)

I have this same problem but my VIN number is not in the range of the recall lists Volvo have issued.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?
Legage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2017, 13:53   #97
supermico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Recalls do not end or expire until the work is carried out even years into the future .
Are you sure? I've had the car for a year now. It's a 2011 V50 and as far as I can tell, the VIN is in the range for two recalls (clutch rod, 2011 and exhaust sleeve, 2013).

I checked with the dealer two weeks ago if there were any recalls for my car or any have been done. They said no recall service has been done but the recalls for my car have expired...
supermico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2017, 19:11   #98
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermico View Post
Are you sure? I've had the car for a year now. It's a 2011 V50 and as far as I can tell, the VIN is in the range for two recalls (clutch rod, 2011 and exhaust sleeve, 2013).

I checked with the dealer two weeks ago if there were any recalls for my car or any have been done. They said no recall service has been done but the recalls for my car have expired...
Recalls are safety related so do not expire , in UK anyway , it might be a Policy or Service Action which has expired
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 10:11   #99
Yobbo
Dave

Gave my local dealer in Hull a stone's throw from my work place a call last night, reeled off a couple of references where my car's VIN fell in the given ranges and they quickly confirmed what had and hadn't been done.

I initially suspected that the 'Clutch pedal mechanism fail' (R39247) had been done as a plastic collar had not been properly affixed under the footwell - turns out to be true.

However the 'Fluid may leak into wiring harness which may cause fire' recall (R49221) had not been completed... So er yeah, got it booked in for tomorrow that!!
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 15:45   #100
bunnerscj

Do you have to be the original registered owner for a recall to be done.
Are dealers generally honest if you rock up asking about recall work ?

Can they tell you by the VIN which need to be done etc ?
I've read on here that recalls don't expire ?
Thanks
bunnerscj is offline   Reply With Quote