Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Humidity sensor fault in VIDA

Views : 3269

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2018, 20:18   #1
lepicane
2012 S80 D5 Executive

Default Humidity sensor fault in VIDA

I'm getting the below fault in VIDA and am unable to clear it. I have not noticed any excessive misting or that the defrosting is not working. I just wanted to swap the sensor (31369747 £83), but Volvo said it could be anything between the sensor (in the rear view mirror) and the centre console. They wanted to check this first for £150 and then possibly add the cost of the sensor to it. Unfortunately they can't just swap the sensor out first to check if that is the fault (why am I not surprised).

Anyone had any experience with this fault?

871: CCM-B1A6909 Humidity Sensor. General Electrical Failures. Component Failures

Possible source - Internal fault in air humidity sensor.
Fault symptom[s] - Mist on rear window and door mirrors.
lepicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 08:13   #2
Cubbington

Mine was showing the same fault when I put it in for the Driver’s Door Open warning on dash and car not locking.

I’m currently awaiting the garage to fit a driver’s door wiring loom; apparently the climate control circuit goes through the door modules, so I’m hoping it will clear the fault.

If not, l’ll get it replaced too, as I sometimes get a little misting on the windows even with A/C on and climate control set to auto.

As with my other thread, I’ll report back when the car’s sorted!

Cheers,

Nick
Cubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubbington For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 21:05   #3
Cubbington

Hi Lepicane,

Just updated my other thread as the fault in mine turned out to be a few things, including the CEM.

Have a look at the 'door sensor' thread, so I'm not re-writing it all :-)

Hope it helps, and just a faulty sensor in your wagon.

All the best,

Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubbington For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 22:32   #4
lepicane
2012 S80 D5 Executive

Thanks for the update.

The weird thing is the timestamp of the fault in VIDA is when I last tried to clear the fault, irrespective of how many times I've driven the car since then. Could be my Chinese DICE not playing nice anymore, so might be worth having it checked out with the real thing....

Cheers
Old Apr 20th, 2018, 05:37   #5
Cubbington

Hi Lepicane,

Sounds like you need to get it on a genuine version of VIDA.

After what was found on mine, I’m glad I bit the bullet and took it to the main dealer, as I’d have never found the problem myself.

Now all the other work’s been done, the humidity sensor isn’t throwing a fault up and doesn’t need replacing.

Good luck,

Nick
Old May 1st, 2018, 14:27   #6
convertisaab

Hi Lepicane, just wondered if you'd noticed I sent you a PM ?
Cheers, R.

Polestar, Front Park Assist, Volvo detachable towbar.
convertisaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2022, 00:34   #7
jokis

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepicane View Post
I'm getting the below fault in VIDA and am unable to clear it. I have not noticed any excessive misting or that the defrosting is not working. I just wanted to swap the sensor (31369747 £83), but Volvo said it could be anything between the sensor (in the rear view mirror) and the centre console. They wanted to check this first for £150 and then possibly add the cost of the sensor to it. Unfortunately they can't just swap the sensor out first to check if that is the fault (why am I not surprised).

Anyone had any experience with this fault?

871: CCM-B1A6909 Humidity Sensor. General Electrical Failures. Component Failures

Possible source - Internal fault in air humidity sensor.
Fault symptom[s] - Mist on rear window and door mirrors.
Hi lepicane,

I know that it's more than 4 years since you started this thread, but just want to ask if you ever managed to fix that humidity sensor issue?
jokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2023, 10:41   #8
lepicane
2012 S80 D5 Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokis View Post
Hi lepicane,

I know that it's more than 4 years since you started this thread, but just want to ask if you ever managed to fix that humidity sensor issue?
Haven't been active on the forum for a while so apologies. Going back in time, I replaced the humidity sensor and the VIDA fault disappeared, only to show up again recently. It has a new part number now (31369747) and is over £100, so think I'll give it a miss on a car 11 years old.